Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding SSL security to my website

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am running a personal website. When we access this website, we are seeing a Red line on top of Lock-Symbol, as a prefix of URL prashanthvfx.com  [link removed by moderator].  When i cross checked with my hosting provider, they said that i need to buy SSL security, cost of which is more than the hosting package itself.

Can somebody advice, whether we can able to solve this in Dreamweaver itself?

Thanks for your time.

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Hi @prashanthvs,

As Jon said, this is not a Dreamweaver question.

Who is your web host?  Most reputable web hosts include SSL/TLS certificates as part of the hosting package.  If yours doesn't, I think you should upgrade to a better plan or find a better hosting provider.

If you wish to do it yourself,  Namecheap.com has good prices on SSL/TLS certificates.  And they have a very good knowledgebase to help you generate a CSR and install certs on your server. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

201230 Ssl.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver has nothing to do with implementing an SSL certificate. That is done at the hosting level, though there are lower cost and free SSL certificate authorities out there like Letsencrypt.org. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Jon Fritz 

I will look into Letsencrypt.org

Appreciate your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get a Comodo Positive SSL for $8/year from ssl2buy dot com. It is possible to add in under twenty minutes with email verification via your postmaster email account and access to your hosting control panel.

- "Good English is an Art."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not something that can be solved with Dreamweaver.

You will need a ssl supplier which there are lots of from $8 per year up to hundreds of dollars which carry high insurance against being attacked.

There are lots of ways to verify your domain.

The easiest is a text file to your server, usually in a .well-known folder in the instructions.

The second way is more complex but can be done in under 20 minutes.

You will need to create a temporary ssl with a CSR file copied to your chosen ssl company.

You can verify your domain by email using your postmaster account where you will be sent a verification file.

Once you have sent the CSR and the verification link to your postmaster email account you will be emailed your certificates

Make sure you add the intermediate file after the private key file which could be named like; SectigoRSADomainValidationSecureServerCA

- "Good English is an Art."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your inputs @Gail5ECD 

I have 2 Hosting companies.

One gives hosting plans with and without SSL certificate (godaddy.com), but their "with SSL security plan" seems to be bit costly.

Another Hosting company (space2host.com) gives hosting plan, only with SSL Security, in a moderate fee.

Thanks for your inputs in clearing out that this has nothing to do with Dreamweaver. This is the exact clarity i wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @prashanthvs,

As Jon said, this is not a Dreamweaver question.

Who is your web host?  Most reputable web hosts include SSL/TLS certificates as part of the hosting package.  If yours doesn't, I think you should upgrade to a better plan or find a better hosting provider.

If you wish to do it yourself,  Namecheap.com has good prices on SSL/TLS certificates.  And they have a very good knowledgebase to help you generate a CSR and install certs on your server. 

1. First, ascertain how many domain names you must secure (with and without www). 
  2. Estimate how much warranty ($10,000 or higher) you need.
  3. Decide how much assurance, browser support and encryption you require?
  4. And finally decide if you need Domain Verified (DV), Organization Verified (OV), or Extended Organization Verified (EV) certs.  The latter 2 cost more and will take several business days to issue.  The former takes only a few minutes.

Post back if you have more questions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a Hosting plan provider (space2host.com), who is giving with SSL security on a moderate fee. Since you had clearly mentioned that this has nothing to do with Dreamweaver, I will purchasing this plan

Thanks for your inputs in clearing out that this has nothing to do with Dreamweaver. This is the exact clarity i wanted.

I sincerely appricate your inputs @Nancy OShea 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines