Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An FTP error occurred - Tried everything

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there,

Please see attached. I get this erorr. I contacted the server and they did everythign possible thing for a whole day and nothing works. DW ftp was working until 2 days ago and all of a sudden i get thie error.

I tried connecting with ftp.websitename as FTP address, and then again as IP address

I tried changing port to 21 and 22

I tried with "Use Passive FTP" ticked and unticked.

Nothing works. Can you guys help?

dw.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

udiu26552179  wrote

My Hosting company said below

"We did have a change recently that only allows secure connections through to the servers. Dreamweaver seems to be connecting via Explicit Encryption. The best way to fix this is to find the equivalent setting in Dreamweaver so we can get this working again for you."

So do you know how to connect with secure connection in Dreamweaver? Tried SFTP doesnt work

How to set up connection between Dreamweaver and the publishing server

Do you have a Private K

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of DW?

Which operating system?

Who is your web host?

Try connecting to remote server with Filezilla FTP Client.  If that doesn't work, the problem is not Dreamweaver.  It's something between you and the remote server (anti-virus, firewall, router, ISP, permissions, user name, password, etc...)

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of DW? - 2019 CC

Which operating system? - Mac 10.14.1

Who is your web host? - VentraIP.com.au

It works fine with Filezilla.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

udiu26552179  wrote

It works fine with Filezilla.

OK  That's good to know.    It could be a corrupted site defintiion.   Try deleting the old one and create a brand new one with same settings you used in Filezilla.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried. Doesnt work..  Did you see the response I posted from the hosting company?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"We did have a change recently that only allows secure connections through to the servers. Dreamweaver seems to be connecting via Explicit Encryption. The best way to fix this is to find the equivalent setting in Dreamweaver so we can get this working again for you."

So do you know how to connect with secure connection in Dreamweaver? Tried SFTP doesnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

udiu26552179  wrote

How to set up connection between Dreamweaver and the publishing server

Do you have a Private Key & Passphrase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines