Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply source formatting does not affect files ending in .php

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please -

I don't know how to get help with this issue.  I've seen several posts, but others seem unconcerned about it, and bug reports get no responses.

When I open a file with the extension .php,  e.g. index.php, and choose Apply Source Formatting, absolutely nothing happens!

This used to work fine, but quit when I went to DW CC.  I am currently using Dreamweaver CC 19, build 11193 on Windows 10.

I don't know if there is some option I need to change, or if this is by design, or if it's a bug.  I submitted a bug request, but it was not responded to and I can't see how to follow up on it.  The documentation seems to imply it should work.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions for moving forward?

Bert Onstott

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not paying attention.  A child page cannot be formatted.  Sorry.  If you want to format a child page, open the Template, hit auto format.  Save and populate changes to child pages.

I use server-side includes instead of templates so I don't have these problems.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy -

You said "Only content inside editable regions are accessible from child pages".  The code that I want to Apply Source Formatting is inside the editable region.

I've done this for years.  I have other sites where it still works; they are xhtml transitional.

DW should format code inside editable regions for child pages.  And for some reason it isn't.   I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I thought I was losing my mind! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I thought I was losing my mind!

You're not There has been a lot of issues with source formatting, especially relating to PHP ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines