• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG / Product issue: DW 21.2 windows manage sites when triggered from collapsed side panel

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a BUG in DW 21.2 (and past versions) in the "SidePanel > Files > Manage Site> Site setup" panel.

Capture.PNGIf you trigger the panel from a side panel when in collapsed mode and you click outsite of DW lets say to copy a password back to the interface, the panel hides and there is no way to recover from this locked state but to kill the app from the task manager.

Capture2.PNGI you trigger the panel from an expanded mode or if you start it from the there "Site>Manage Sites" is no problem and you click outsite no problem.

Can anyone verify this please ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce it.

• Which operating system?
  • How many displays do you have?
  • Is DW application frame floating freely over your desktop or is it maximized and docked to full screen?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Windows 10
2) 2 Displays but the same thing hapens to my laptop also with 1 monitor
3) It happens to both floating or maximized

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My reflex is to go to Sites menu > Manage Sites.  It always works well for me on Windows 10 with latest updates.

If you can't live with it, try Restoring Preferences. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've replicated the same thing to several PCs (windows 10) with clean installation of DW and this behavior is the same.

If you open DW choose standard workspace , collapse the right panel , click to open files and from the dropdown list you select manage sites (or double click the dropdown menu)  if you click the status bar or change the focus from the DW application to an other thing you get locked and can't do anything else with DW unless you kill the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the ESC key?

Since I cannot reproduce the issue, I can't test it. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a screen capture to reproduce the problem, I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If corrupted Preferences are synced to Creative Cloud, this would likewise impact other synced devices. 

I still say you should try restoring preferences.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Failing that, reach out to Adobe Technical support.

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well since I used the clean Standard workspace I assume that this has nothing to do with my synced profile.
Also this can be reproduced to a clean installation without any prior profile syncing or change in preferences.
If you just follow my video to open the file manager from side panel while Files is in a collapsed mode and click inside the main app window and outside on a windows 10 PC you will probably verify it yourself.

I guess I’ll have to open a ticket to support If there is such a procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same behavior described by the OP.

1. Click the double arrow "Collapse to Icon" button in the top right of the Files window

2. Click on the Files window icon (opens the temporarily expanded version of the window)

3. Click the fly out menu in the upper right of the temporarily expanded Files window and choose Site > Manage Site 

4. Click away from DW.

The site management dialogue fully disappears as soon as you click away from DW. It's not hidden behind the app (I tested this by narrowing my application smaller than the dialogue), it's gone and can't be brought back, effectively locking you out of DW.

Unfortunately, Adobe will probably never fix this. DW is only minimally maintained now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately, there are other ways to reach the Manage Sites panel.

Site > Manage Sites...

Edit > Preferences > Site > Manage Sites...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Personally, I have never worked with the Files window collapsed, so have never seen this issue before the OP posted it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines