• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can only print first page of web page

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old web pages print fine. When I try and print a page from my new website that is more than one sheet long, only the first sheet prints. This happens with Chrome, Firefox and other browsers. I doubt that the problem is with the browser, but rather with my web pages. I'm running Windows 10 and the differences that I can think of that might make a difference are: (1) The new site uses responsive web design, and (2) the new site uses Bootstrap 3.

From experience I know that there are some things built into Bootstrap that must be over-ridden so that your coding will do what you want, e.g. a black rule is not the default. Could there be something in Bootstrap that is affecting the printing?

Thank you for your help.

Marcus

TOPICS
Bootstrap , Code , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently there is a problem with Bootstrap 3 regarding printing. Bootstrap 4 does not have that propblem so I cannot verify for Bootstrap 3.

In the previous discussion I pointed to another discussion which gave this as an answer:

https://gist.github.com/donnierayjones/6fd9802d992b2d8d6cfd

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice. I switched to Bootstrap 4. Still had printing problem. I then opened the website you suggested, copied the code given for Media@mercycity.church print, and pasted it into my existing Media@mercycity.church print (the existing code controls some items that I don't want printed). I still can only print the first page.

Any other thoughts?

I seem to remember reading a recommendation to add an attribute to the <body> so that it would print everything. Do you know anything about this?

Marcus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean to seem critical but I think this is pilot error.  Bootstrap generally works just fine out of the box.  Problems ensue when people botch things up with custom code, not realizing that what they do can have dire consequences. 

• Please disable ALL CUSTOM CSS,
  • upload files to server,
  • post the URL here so we can take a look at it.

Thank you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

I can see that you might think it pilot error. That doesn't hurt my feelings.

As you wanted, I uploaded my website to a server in order to make it available to you. Guess what, it prints perfectly when on the server, but not when viewed through Dreamweaver's preview option. The solution was that simple.

Like so many problems, the solution was simple, but the difficulty was knowing where the problem lay.

Happy New Year (almost).

Marcus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad it works now.

Happy New Year for sure.  I think we're all fed up with 2020. Can't wait for 2021 to begin!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines