• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Doc Documents - Can't Activate Document Toolbar

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to post. I've been trying to get DW set up for going on 3 hours now and would really like to just get on with it.

dwtoolbar.jpg

First problem is that when I open a document it's just kind of floating around, independent of the IDE and toolbars and panels and all of that. Tried setting preferences so that documents open in tabs, but they keep opening as independent windows. 

Second, I'm trying to get this "Document" toolbar but it won't let me select it. I can select Standard and Custom, but can not select Document at all. 

I used DW several months ago and don't think I had all these issues. I've tried resetting the workspace which structures all the panels and maximizes the document window size, but I can't seem to get the darn thing docked.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are better off using the Standard version as in

BenPleysier_0-1598833448596.png

Read the docking section here https://helpx.adobe.com/au/dreamweaver/using/dreamweaver-workflow-workspace.html

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think on a Mac (it's been a long time since I used one), you need to have the Application Frame active as well, in order to get the "Open as Tabs" feature to function.

In your screenshot, it looks like your Application Frame is turned off.

It would be something to test anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines