• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't preview my PHP project in browser

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project on PHP and when I want to preview in browser to know the progress of work, it says localhost refused to connect

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What workflow are you using to connect to your database/localhost? If you are deploying the inbuilt server behaviours from an old version of Dreamweaver or have re-instated them into Dreamwear to connect using a version of php above 5.6 then the server  behaviours  will not work, they are out of date beyond php version 5.6.

Does that sound like something you are trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which testing server do you have  -- Wamp, Xampp or Mamp?

Did you launch your local testing server and are all PHP & Apache processes running?

My local site folder resides in my testing server's default web directory (www on Wamp, htdocs on Xampp & Mamp).

image.png

Real-Time preview does not play nice with my local testing server.  So I disabled it in Preferences as shown below.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For details on defining your local testing server in DW, see this reply from a few days ago. You need a local server to parse PHP code.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver-discussions/re-help-setting-up-php-environment-on-xampp-b...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines