• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Insert a Design Note (DW CC V.18.2)

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the feature for a long time. Recently noticed on one document only, we can insert the date and type a few characters only and that's it. It cuts us off, we can't add comments, the space bar and Return key do nothing. Two of us share the site with the root folder stored on a private network drive, we have for years. It's only two of us, we don't check files in or out and keep it simple. The Design Notes feature has been set to, 'Maintain Design Notes' for years and is working fine on our other documents. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

I experienced this problem a little while ago as well.

What I did was I saved and backed up all my documents/projects and then deleted the software, even though this is for one document only, it should work. Again make sure you BACK UP everything!

Another thing you could try to do is programming the keys to specialize for your document, because like you said the problem was for only one document right?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced this problem a little while ago as well.

What I did was I saved and backed up all my documents/projects and then deleted the software, even though this is for one document only, it should work. Again make sure you BACK UP everything!

Another thing you could try to do is programming the keys to specialize for your document, because like you said the problem was for only one document right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much. My doc project is 534 MB, I am a freak about backups. I will try this later today and really appreciate the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines