• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Categories don't display in assets panel

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My assets panel does not have categories for Templates and Libraries. I have folders in my root director for my website with the names Templates and Libraries. I thought that would cause the categories to be created. What's wrong? What do I need to do so that I can use these features?

TOPICS
How to , Interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

I solved the problem. I had the site manager set to the incorrect root directory. I had been doing a tutorial and did not change it back to my personal website.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem. I had the site manager set to the incorrect root directory. I had been doing a tutorial and did not change it back to my personal website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working again. I restarted Dreamweaver this morning, the manager is set for the correct root directory, and I can't see the Templates or Library categories in the assets panel. Any ideas on what is wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information.

When I start Dreamweaver CC 2020 all the asset categories are listed in the assets panel. But when I open a web page the Library, Template and Script categories disappear. The Library and Template categories have folders in the root directory, but the web page is not in the root directory. Is this related to the problem? This was never an issure with Dreamweaver Creative Suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe that I have solved the problem. Apparently the template and libraries categories do not show up when one is in the live mode. One must switch to the design mode to get them to appear.

To me this is indicative of problems with the documentation for Dreamweaver CC. Not enough emphasis is given to the nuances related to all the possible permutations of settings. I found the same thing when trying to edit text in the design pane with the view set to live; turns out that complete editing capabilities are not possible in the live view and one must switch to the design view.

In general, Dreamweaver Help completely overlooks troubleshooting basic problems such as I had. I tried to use the help to solve my problems but the usual list of links based on my search were to the manual and general how to information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines