Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change the color of either Adobe XD or Adobe Dreamviewer App icon

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Could you please consider changing the color of either Adobe XD or Adobe Dreamviewer in their app icons. Working with them daily but they look to much alike that I often opens the wrong program. 

miac11318964_0-1648547754004.pngmiac11318964_1-1648547763332.png

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Interface , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you think?

BenPleysier_0-1648549522728.png

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would make so more sense. It's like the good old days 😉 

And I differently wouldn't mix the two of them all the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that's a design decision from Adobe. All related apps are now the same color.  Maybe it saves money on the ink they use to print on the discs that they don't offer anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I still hope they will consider changing the colors - because it's not that userfriendly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here are some icons for Mac and Windows you can use to change the colour of Dreamweaver icon back to traditional green

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set DW's icons to anything you want (Paul-M's icons for example) by following these steps...

Windows: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/change-taskbar-icons-programs-windows-10/

Mac: https://9to5mac.com/2019/01/17/change-mac-icons/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. But I don't see the options. Maybe because I'm not the administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't need Admin rights, at least in Windows.

What OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Enterprise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used Windows Enterprise, so you might just be more limited than a normal Windows user, but I have seen other people miss one of the steps necessary to get to the Properties option in Home and Pro, so it might be worth pointing it out...

There are 2 right clicks that need to be done (most people I've helped with this have missed the second one)...

right click 1.jpg

right click 2.jpg

click here.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. But I don't even have the properties button. 

miac11318964_0-1648558750344.png

I tried a workaround before so I could open the properties tap - but it didn't show any icons anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't get any options when you right-click the "Adobe Dreamweaver 2021" list item in your screen shot, it would mean your system is locked down tighter than most.

You would need to talk with your IT department to see if they couldn't make the very simple fix for you. (it takes less than a minute)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thank you. I will try that. 

Appreciate your help. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@miac11318964,

Stop worrying about it and get back to work.  😁

Seriously, this is an Adobe BRANDING decision.  App logos are color coded by category to make product recognition easier. 

• Video related apps are purple. 
  • Graphics apps are blue. 
  • UI/UX apps are pink. 
  • Online apps are black and so on...  

image.png

The next time your apps are updated, the logos will revert to Adobe's colors.  So it is what it is.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I know it's a brand decision. But that doesn't make it right. It's difficult to navigate in. 

I contacted Adobe - and they said I should put my request in the community. So I did. 

This is a wish, for them to change it back - so it will be easier to navigate in and use for everyday use.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assure you that will not change. Adobe spent a fortune on rebranding last year. They have way too much invested in it to turn back now.   Besides logo colors are a high-level corporate policy.  It's nothing product developers can change.  Best advice, learn to live with it. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it probably won't change. But therefore I'm aloud to give my opinion and hope for them to listen to their users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just take it as another hint that Dreamweaver is on its way out ...

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. I haven't actually used DW for many years cause it sucked. But then I tried it again and they have made a lot of really good changes. So now I'm quite fond of it. But maybe I should just change back to my previous code editor. Problem solved then 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines