• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coding error "must be paired, no start tag" & "Duplicate attribute name [class] was found"

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: I'm new to coding so maybe I just made a silly mistake, but I really can't figure out what it is.

I'm adding some styles to my HTML and it's not reflecting on the navigation bar. I've added some styles to images just centering them and adding some padding using the same technique (having its own class) and that is working fine. 

I have two errors First " Must be paired, no start tag" This is referring to my nav tag. I do have a start tag so I'm unsure as to why it's telling me I don't. I also tried erasing this section and rewriting it.

The second error "Duplicate attribute [class] was found" I do have two .style-nav classes. One for Ul and the other for Ul, Li, and a. I tried merging them and this error did not go away. However this error is on my HTML sheet and not the CSS one, so I may be misunderstanding the error. I don't have any other navs on my HTML sheet and the style class is only applied in that one spot so I am unsure what the error is referring to. 

Here is a link to all the code on the JS Bin Site.

https://jsbin.com/dezusareku/edit?html,css,output

and also the errors

Screenshot 2022-07-29 084618.pngScreenshot 2022-07-29 084630.png

TOPICS
Code , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

One of your image tags are missing their ending >

That should take care of the issue.

That's one of the funny things about html validators, they oftentimes don't tell you where the actual error is because it's not a "problem", as far as they're concerned, until further down the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of your image tags are missing their ending >

That should take care of the issue.

That's one of the funny things about html validators, they oftentimes don't tell you where the actual error is because it's not a "problem", as far as they're concerned, until further down the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines