Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connect Cloudways and WooCommerce

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

is there anyone who has experiences connecting Cloudways via Dreamweaver? Unfortunately the sftp connection is not working properly and the Cloudways supported is convinced that the issue is regarding the Dreamweaver application?

Kindest regards

Abidin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are unable to connect you can click on Site-->Advanced-->FTP Log the next time you try to connect and let us know what error(s) you are receiving.

Also try connecting with a free FTP client like a FileZilla and see if you run into the same issue.  This data can help us determine whether it is configuration with the FTP settings or whether the issue is with the host.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I was able to connect via Filezilla and due to that Dreamweaver irritated me and I was thinking maybe the method of filling the credential could case the issue. Anyway, it seemed like the server somehow blocked the connection and I could solve this solution with placing my IP into a whitelist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ben M said, use FileZilla.  It's free. 

https://filezilla.org

If you cannot connect with FileZilla, then you know the problem isn't with DW.  If FileZilla does connect, then you have an alternate way to upload files to your hosting server while you continue troubleshooting with DW.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WooCommerce does NOT connect with Dreamweaver in any way.  WooCommerce is a 3rd party eCommerce platform for WordPress.

https://woocommerce.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking maybe there is a solution to connect a proper DEV site with live preview and stuff. Is that possible via Dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can define multiple servers within DW.  Just go to the Sites window and you will have the option to create it here, or also connect with a git repository if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to set up everything but I am not sure how to get live previews? In example if I modify some CSS files, or PHP or JS? It would be amazing if I can get a live preview straight in the browser. Is that also possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a local testing server to preview PHP files locally.

1. Install Xampp, Mamp or Wamp for Win or Mac.
  2. Define your local testing server in DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any best practise maybe with a tutorial how to do that, since I never done something like that before.

Kindest regrads Abidin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Install a local server accoding to the vendor's instructions.

Go to Site > Manage Sites.   See screenshots.

Move your local site folder into your local testing server's default web directory. 

On Wamp the default is www.  On Xampp and Mamp it is htdocs.  For this demonstration, I'm using Wamp server for Windows.

Local Site in Local Testing ServerLocal Site in Local Testing Server

Click the plus sign to add a new server definition and name it testing server.

Servers > Basic TabServers > Basic Tab

Switch to Advanced tab and enter the server model : PHP MySQL

Advanced Tab > Server modelAdvanced Tab > Server model

Post back if you need more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines