• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

create webpage in DW mixing roman letters and Chinese simplified characters (汉字)

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

你好!Hi!

I wish to create an HTML/CSS/JS website, on which pages I can write both in English and Chinese caracters (international project around Chinese market).

In DW, I have to choose between "UTF-8" for roman letters and two other alternative options for simplified (汉字) or traditional (漢字) Chinese caracters.

Here is my question : what do I have to choose in order to / how can can I write mixed HTML pages with both Chinese and English content on the same page?

Thanx for your insights 🙂      = 谢谢!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a lot of misinformation floating around about the support of Chinese, Japanese and Korean (CJK) characters. The Unicode Standard (UTF-8) supports all of the CJK characters from JIS X 0208, JIS X 0212, JIS X 0221, or JIS X 0213, for example, and many more.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ben for your answer. Do you confirm UTF-8 will allow me to display Chinese caracters on an HTML webpage *and* also perform some treatments in JavaScript on text inputs that would be typed in Chinese caracters? I wrote such a JavaScript routine in a former project (without DW though, I coded directly from scratch in the TextEditor (Brackets), and I encountered problems when using UTF-8 encoding on top of my HTML code. Additionally, if UTF-8 fully supports Chinese caracters, what would be the use of the additional options for Chinese caracters encoding? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you find that UTF-8 does not work for you, try using UTF-16 instead. The reason that I did not mention the latter in my previous post is because UTF-16 requires 2 more bytes, making it slightly more bloated, yet more flexible.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines