• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cs5 Design View Crash?

Explorer ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using cs5 (version 11.0) for years on my MacBook Pro.  Today the Design View developed a major problem.  Starting about 1/3 of the way down the .html page, the background stops -- or is covered over by a black screen as seen in the image below: 

DESIGN VIEW Crash.png

I was not working at this point in the code at the time but rather much farther down the page.  I looked at the code at this point (where it begins the screen) and there is no visible code problem.  I deleted a few lines of code surrounding this transition and it did not solve the problem.  I rebooted the system, which did not get rid of the screen.

Any image files (.png, etc) are not covered by the screen. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 5.06.04 PM.png

When I save the page and open it in a browser, the screen does not appear.  Just in the Design View while in Dreamweaver.  But this makes developing/editing the page impractical/impossible.

If I am in the wrong Forum, please direct me to the correct one.

Thanks for any ideas or help.

jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Thank you Nancy.  I did the W3C Validation.  The only result was that it said two .css stylesheets were missing.  This seemed strange, as in the Design View I could see the stylesheets displayed. 

In thinking further about the problem, it seemed to be just with this one .html page.  I have sixty-some other pages using the same template.  The problem had to be related to this specific .html page.  I copied and pasted bits and pieces of the problem page into a new page using the template.  Finally

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nancy. Here is the progress report:

I did the W3C Validation with the following results:

Yet the style sheets are being called by the .htm file as seen from the background and lines on the images sent yesterday. Here it is again:

And when I open the .htm page with the browser the .css files are providing the background and other things.

Next, I attempted to restore the Dreamweaver Preferences, following the directions. But I could not find a file or folder “Dreamweaver Preference”. Here is the screenshot:

Where can I find it? I am the only User.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This web forum does not support e-mail attachments.  If you want to post screenshots, you had best come  back to the web forum.  Don't use e--mail to reply.

To see the Configuration folder, turn on hidden files and folders in your OS's File Manager .

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Nancy.  I did the W3C Validation.  The only result was that it said two .css stylesheets were missing.  This seemed strange, as in the Design View I could see the stylesheets displayed. 

In thinking further about the problem, it seemed to be just with this one .html page.  I have sixty-some other pages using the same template.  The problem had to be related to this specific .html page.  I copied and pasted bits and pieces of the problem page into a new page using the template.  Finally, when I got down to about line 650 of a total 720 lines, I discovered the problem.  There was a missing </div> callout.  I added it back in and the problem in Design View went away.

I have used the W3C Validation process many times before but not for a while.  It is surprising to me that it did not identify the missing callout!

Thanks for your help.

jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines