• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 Release Date!

LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2010 Mar 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just visited Amazon uk, and though I would do a search for Adobe CS5, and  found the release date for a number of books for CS5 to be around the middle of July. I am not saying that this date is 'factual' but for those interested it is a possible indicator.

For those wishing to view the page, see - http://www.amazon.co.uk/adobe-cs5-Books/s/qid=1268399924/ref=sr_pg_2?ie=UTF8&keywords=Adobe%20CS5&bb....

PZ

www.pziecina.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2010 Apr 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrating - I decided a few days ago that I needed the latest ACRaw - I'm on the best update for CS2 at present - so I'm willing to buy right now and cannot have - obviously I'm not going to buy CS4 and have to pay for an upgrade in a fortnight.  It would have been much better for me to buy in this financial year (UK) which ends Tuesday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about this as a possibility?  You could download and install the trial for CS4 now which would run for 30 days free/fully-functional, by which point CS5 would arguably be close to being released and you would hopefully be in the "grace period" to buy CS4 (convert the trial) and get a free upgrade to CS5 when it ships.

This of course presumes that Adobe continues the grace period policy and you can get it.  Another possible benefit is you could move forward now with the more "mature" codebase of CS4 and then upgrade later to CS5 at your leisure.  Worst case is you have CS4 now within the financial year budgeting you want.

Anyway, just an idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that - seems I must have opened the CS4 trial for a test last year !

So I can't test it again - not that I remember actually activating it - the

trouble with timed trials is that when you are busy 30 days goes by in a

flash. If Adobe published an actual "grace period" policy (I didn't know

there was such a possibility) I would know where I stood/stand, Cheers

derek Simpson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, OK, well if you've already installed the trial once and don't have another system, that could be trickier...

Adobe's "grace period" offer is not widely publicized but is officially called the "post-announce upgrade policy" and requires working directly with Adobe Customer Service.  http://bit.ly/9xYI9p

One thing I don't know is whether if you do a new download for a somewhat different product, if you can get a new trial on the same computer...  For example, if you trialed CS4 Design Standard last time, maybe you could still try out Design Premium and get a new 30 days?  It's a good question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2010 Apr 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reply from Adobe customer help re "post announce upgrade policy" is

lengthy and circuitous but boils down to the fact that "we have not

officially announced CS5 yet" so as it has not been announced I can only

deduce that PAUP does not apply - at the same time they are keen I should

"launch" amounts to an "announcement" - the chance of claiming purchase

against this year's tax passes me by, Cheers Derek Simpson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2010 Apr 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did manage to get a trial of CS4 on to the laptop - a lot to like about the

raw converter - but hit a snag with backward compatability - jpgs created

from Raw on the laptop could not be put through my regular "press in a

hurry" actions in CS2 on the desktop - had to manually resize etcetc. 1 am

is not the time to discover this. Raises an issue in my head about what

happens when we have a decade's worth of back catalogue and have moved on

another x versions. Precisely Adobe's argument for DNG of course - but how

many are actually DNGing ? I'm updating largely because I want my colour

profiles to read without going round the DNG ringroad. Cheers Derek

Simpson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are processing lots of images through the RAW plugin have you considered trying Lightroom?  One of the main reasons the RC of the plugin was released for Photoshop was because the 5.7 RAW plugin has been in the Lightroom open beta which is still free for another couple months.  One of the main bullet points was because there are many people using Lightroom 3 beta and they were trying to bring images back to Photoshop CS4 and were having some issues moving from a newer plugin to an older one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the thought but I have tried Lightroom a couple of times (inc

recent Beta 3 ) and dislike it intensely. I use Photo mechanic for ingest

and edit and find both bridge and library intolerably slow in comparison. I

like the raw features from Lightroom now offered in Photoshop - was very

angry at Adobe developing a whole new product after thousands spent in

purchase and upgrades of p/shop - what I see in CS4 is very good and I shall

be into CS5 as long as there is no negative feedback in the first couple of

weeks. Compatability may be a problem for a few weeks but as long as I

know there is a problem I can plan for it -- I shot some sport raw the other

night and converted in CS5 on the laptop - the trouble only surfaced two

steps later when I hit my size/contrast/sharpen action on the desktop (CS2)

for press submissions. Need I say that the submission was soon severely

edited before manually ploughing through the steps, Cheers derek Simpson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

As this thread is still showing on the first page of goggle for "CS5 Release date", I though I would close the thread by providing a link to the download, which is - http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/?promoid=BPDEC.

A review of the new features can be seen on video here - http://tv.adobe.com/#.

Or read David Powers review here - http://foundationphp.com/blog/2010/04/12/dreamweaver-cs5-is-good-news-for-php-devs/.

For those hoping for 'new server behaviours', sorry there are none, and with regard to the current server behaviours, I must agree with David here in that they should only be used for 'prototyping' and not for live sites. Hopefully David's forthcoming book on using Dreamweaver CS5 with PHP will explain why this is so too the users who are uncertain on why I say this. Although I am an experienced Dreamweaver user I look forward to reading the book myself as I am certain it will include a number of useful tips, if you are interested you can read a list of what is to be included in the book, here - http://foundationphp.com/phpcs5/.

PZ

www.pziecina.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines