• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSS/HTML Code hints not working

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently using dreamweaver 2021 and the code hints arent working they worked for about the first line and now no code hints are displaying at all. All my settings in the code hint area are correct. Ive restarted, reinstalled and still the same issue. Very annoying problem due to code hints being one of the main reason I use dreamweaver because it saves alot of time. I have no issues with an older version of dreamweaver I have on my other computer. Currently running windows 10 up to date. Any solutions on this or should I just downgrade back to an older version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sidenote: also saw where this has been a problem for people since 2010 and also having similar issues with actionscript code hints for flash and saw where there hasnt been a real fix or solution to this til this day. Not looking promising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash is dead.

If you are specifically having issues with Flash scripting, that's very likely to be the culprit since Adobe considers it a dead technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they fail for every page in your site, or just certain ones?

Does it fail on a new blank html page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default4tjgjxyabavb.,

In addition to what Jon said about the end of Flash, fix all reported code errors.  When code hints & auto-code completion fail, it's almost always due to code errors that DW cannot reconcile.  Go to Window > Results > Validation...  Click the triangle to check your document.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem and finally sorted it. I have two development machines - a win11 laptop and a win11 desktop. Both running most current version of Dreamweaver. I use external style sheets and code hints worked on desktop but not on laptop. All the settings in my Dreamweaver preferences were idential. I finally discovered View->Related Files Options->Display External Files was selected on my desktop but not on my laptop. When I selected 'display external files' on my laptop, CSS code hints now work!Screenshot 2022-09-30 095916.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines