• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customer login area of a website

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it usually done to create an area for clients to login to their own area on a website?  Some websites have an area where you can go in and update your own info or have your files to download. Is this a plugin or link to external software?

Thanks to anyone that can point me in the right direction.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

This video shows what I do using Dreamweaver and DMXzone extensions: Creating a Complete Login System with DMXzone Security provider - YouTube

If this is what you are referring to, then have a look at the extensions required at https://www.dmxzone.com/go/22300/dmxzone-security-provider-php/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this part of the site is called the back office, or back-end... as opposed to the front end, which is the public part of the site, where regular visitors access information from their browser.

the front-end part is usually composed of HTML, CSS and JavaScript while the back-end part uses PHP and relies on a MySql database (or different ones).

there are frameworks that offer a global package, font-end/back-end, like WordPress, Drupal or Joomla to name a few... but there are hundreds of them... http://www.cmsmatrix.org

I had this link that was on my favorites... but I don't really know what it's worth, not having seen it yet How To Build The Backend of a Website - YouTube

does this help to have a better vision of this...  anyway, i you never done it before it will cost you some times to get familiar with this domain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Birnou, I understand that it is the backend. I am looking for the specific software that can be installed for creating client portals. Hosting companies like 2M or Hostgator offer cpanels which allow for FTP and file management but they don't offer the portal software which allows login and accessing client data interactively. Not just as a link to download. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

youp's sorry,

I misunderstood the initial question....

I don't know if hosts provide this kind of frameworks, usually the platforms made available manage as you say the file explorer aspect, transferts, management of the settings of the various servers/databases, pop, imap, smtp, DNS and mails, logs and others... but not necessarily the back-end itself...

some of hosting services include the provision of self-hosted CMS... is that what you're talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video shows what I do using Dreamweaver and DMXzone extensions: Creating a Complete Login System with DMXzone Security provider - YouTube

If this is what you are referring to, then have a look at the extensions required at https://www.dmxzone.com/go/22300/dmxzone-security-provider-php/

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you just need a basic client protected area, you can password protect a designated folder on your server with your C-Panel.  No special coding skills required.   When done, send your client the URL and password which only they can access.  

If you need more than that, see WebAssist's extension below.

User Registration and Sign-in | Dreamweaver extension | WebAssist

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines