• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweave replace/all with regular expressions doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with DW 21.1 with find/replace with regular expressions. I want to delete all the white space on a line, but not the line itself. This has been a problem for a while, not just this version.

Search if the line has only one or more spaces and/or tabs:

^[ \t]+$

Replace: (nothing)

The find highlights the correct lines. Hitting "Replace" multiple times fixes each line one at a time as expected. "Replace all" does not find anything!!

Suggestions?

Thanks

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Dreamweaver, go to Help > Submit Bug/Feature Request to report the issue to DW's dev team.

While in the forum that option takes you to, you can either add your voice to current reports, or create a new one. Problems brought there do tend to get at least some recognition by the developers. Hopefully it's something they can fix for the next version, if enough people vote for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Vote for it?" I consider it a bug? If I was asking for a feature, sure see if people want it.

Unless I'm missing something in "enough people vote for it?"

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, I'm right there with you.

Adobe however, seems to treat a fair number of bugs as features. Unless/until people make enough noise about them, they spend their resources elsewhere. 

Either way, this user to user forum isn't the place to get the dev team's attention. The Uservoice forum that you get to from the menu option I pointed out above is where you want to go to get your concern in front of the right people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines