Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 19.1 is now live

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New features include:

• Bootstrap v4.3.1 & v3.4.1 Integration: Dreamweaver is now integrated with latest Bootstrap versions.
  • CSS Code Formatting Improvements: CSS code formatting now supports Media@mercycity.church directives and selection based code formatting is now available in CSS files.

For more information, see New features summary for the latest release of Dreamweaver

Release Notes: Release notes for the 2019 of Dreamweaver CC

Thanks,

Preran

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Paul, if you can you're a star, I've been trying for hours now and I'm on the verge of turning myself in to a mental institution.

Sent you a DM

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, Seriously you should hire this guy!!!

Thanks a million Paul

Heres those stars i promised in code (coz its the most valuable)

while(1=1){

<span class="fa fa-star"></span>

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, not sure if it is just me, but my .scss files are not compiling any longer? Was working a few days ago, but now it is not? Anyone else experiencing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A drag and drop with a built in CMS option would be great in Dreamweaver. I'm putting that out there as something that they should add to the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legacys7  wrote

A drag and drop with a built in CMS option would be great in Dreamweaver. I'm putting that out there as something that they should add to the program.

That won't happen because:

1. DW is a web authoring and site management tool aimed at designers who want to work with code.
  2. Adobe already makes a drag & drop CMS in  Adobe Portfolio and  Adobe Spark , both free with qualifying Creative Cloud Plans.
Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring back advanced CSS formatting.

I had a conversation with your developer Niharika Jha last year, who indicated there was interest from the DW team to include this, but I never heard back from them;

https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/forums/379458-adobe-dreamweaver-ideas/suggestions/30951715-css-cod...​

There has been plenty of interest in the community and it was a huge blow to many of us when this was deprecated with 2017...

css Apply Source Formatting DW 2017

Re: CSS Formatting

Everybody doesn't use pre-processors or bootstrap - come on, guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremypinson

Thanks for reporting. We are happy to inform you that we have done some improvements in CSS code formatting in our latest Prerelease drop Dreamweaver CC Next 15092.

Please give it a try and share your feedback.
Prerelease Invite link:
https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/9EB451B5-D2E8-46E5-AFA2-78C85442FFA2/participate/DD4EB148-308D-...Adobe Prerelease

You can also customize CSS formatting by editing the file ".jsbeautifyrc" in site root folder.

1) create a new file and save it with .jsbeautifyrc  in your site root folder where your css files are present for which you want to do fcode formatting

Paste below content in the above created file and save it

{

"css": {

"selector_separator_newline" : true,

"end_with_newline": false,

"newline_between_rules": false,

"space_around_selector_separator": true

}

}

2) Edit this file for the different rules (with value "true" or "false"), according to their description mentioned below

3) Save the file after making changes and relaunch Dreamweaver

4) The changes will be reflected in the code formatting

{

"css": {

"selector_separator": " ",

// any changes made in this flag won't be reflected in the formatted CSS

"selector_separator_newline" : true,

// Whether to put a newline between comma separated selectors (e.g. ".div,\n.p" or ".div,.p")

"end_with_newline": false,

// Whether to end the file with an empty line

"newline_between_rules": false,

// Whether to add a new line after every css rule

"space_around_selector_separator": true

// To ensure space around selector separators:  '>', '+', '~' (e.g. "a>b" would become "a > b" on applying source formatting)

}

}

Regards
Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed build 15104 and haven't been able to get updated CSS formatting to work using the .jsbeautifyrc method.

Is it just a matter of creating the file then using the source formatting tool? Edit > Code Apply Source Formatting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you try it and see?  We cannot discuss pre-release versions in the public forum.  Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Nancy - that question wasn't directed to you. As I said; I tried and it doesn't work.

prerank28948274​ - Any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We cannot discuss pre-release versions in the public forums.

Please file bug reports in the pre-release forum where the developers will see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest taking Nancy's advice.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just subscribed to dw 19.1 version. what happened to the toolbars? especially the favorites toolbar, how do i populate it and display it in the workspace? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Favorites toolbar is long gone .   Go to Window > Toolbars.  The 3 available in DW CC are Common, Standard and Document.  See screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i selected all three and now the file menu disappeared at the top i.e. file, edit, view, insert. and i can't seem to dock or move the top left toolbar you have highlighted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which workspace are you using?

Which operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

standard, windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, i got it to work. so you are saying there is no way to add to the standard toolbar? for example if i wanted to add a paragraph tag or a copyright symbol or a div tag? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Windows > Insert.  Is that the menu  you're looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The insert bar as it was way, way back in Dreamweaver appears as a panel by default - if you are used to the much older layout you can drag the insert panel and dock it to the top like the old insert bar. I don't know if that's what you mean and if you are going that far back?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the reply! that's what i was looking for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please modify mmhttpdb.php and mysql.php server script pages too with latest mysql commands so that server behavious will work again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maenterprises  wrote

please modify mmhttpdb.php and mysql.php server script pages too with latest mysql commands so that server behavious will work again

There is no point in updating the server script files to work with php7, as the SB's themselves will not work with php7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonder if they fixed this?

ftp.png

And I mean not only the spieling arrear, but the fact that I cannot delete empty folders on the server, no matter how many times I change the file permissions to 777. I just get this message, and my ISP Support saying 'Talk to Adobe'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines