Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2017 code coloring broken

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Unfortunately I just updated Dreamweaver to 2017 and now it's close to impossible to work in this program.

I always use code view and the code coloring was perfect in 2016.

In 2017 however the page cannot use code coloring for pages that contains mixed languages.

That makes it too hard to identify the different code blocks as they are color mixed.

See image:

ASP starts with blue color. Then goes all orange and ends with orange tag.

Next ASP block starts with orange then goes green and starts mixing randomly with write and blue.

This goes on when the code switches to HTML and later JavaScript.

Please tell me this can be fixed. Currently Dreamweaver is useless for me

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

I found a solution to the comment problem. Look at the bottom-right corner of your DreamWeaver screen. There's a language selector which is set to HTML by default when you open .asp files. Choose VBScript and voila - the comment colors problem is gone.

dreamweaver.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Mac is version paths are different than the Windows one. And after searching the entire install folder, did not find those files. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn on Hidden Files & Folders in your Mac Finder. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if you could take the File Sort issue to another thread. My original thread was about code colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please bring back code coloring for ASP/vbScript. I have many (old) ASP sites that need to be maintained. I don't want to switch to another program for those.

minor issues:

• you cannot ctrl+f when no file is open. eg. when you want to search a folder map, Dreamweaver forces you to open a file first, totally unnecessary
  • when selecting and uploading a file, the file is not selected any more in the file tree

The broken code coloring and a few other minor issues made me revert back to 2015 CC today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an ASP/VBScript developer as well, and this is completely frustrating.  It can't be that hard to keep code coloring and code hinting for one more language that they already have definitions for.  I'm considering ditching Adobe and going back to the Microsoft tools. I hear they have improved a lot over the years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution to the comment problem. Look at the bottom-right corner of your DreamWeaver screen. There's a language selector which is set to HTML by default when you open .asp files. Choose VBScript and voila - the comment colors problem is gone.

dreamweaver.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is much better! but still not what it was in 2015. 2015 at lease diferentiated between mixed HTML/ASP/CSS code.

Looking for a new alternative now.

Thanks though, this is MUCH BETTER,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This causes more problems than it fixes. When setting language to VBScript, the code does crazy indents while typing and code complete does not work at all (like it used to in the older version of Dreamweaver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that only solved one part of the problem but creates a pile of new problems.

I still don't know why Dreamweaver stopped supporting pages with mixed languages. It's like having a paint shop with only blue. DW 2017 is useless. Everyone turn OFF auto update and hold on to your DW 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True. Why not keep the helpful coloring and code completion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be of some help:

Dreamweaver CC 2017 - Language Aware Code Colouring - How To

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solved it for me! Working with epubs spit out by indesign vs by a 3rd party program, the latter was defaulting my opf to text instead of xml in this little drop down, as soon as I changed it back, I got the syntax coloring back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have started working on “Code Color Customization” improvements by adding support for customization of generic and language specific colors.

We have further stabilized the code coloring feature in our latest Prerelease build 15333.

You can refer to below thread for more details on code coloring customization improvements.
https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/dwalpha/discussion/467/dreamweaver-build-15333-is-now-available#l...

Please join Dreamweaver beta program from below link and try out the feature.

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/9EB451B5-D2E8-46E5-AFA2-78C85442FFA2/participate/CD0C95AA-6274-...

Please go ahead and try out the build and let inflow your thoughts/suggestions. Looking forward to your valuable feedback.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines