• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2020 fails to connect with git

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Dreamweaver 2020 I can't connect with our GIT environment anymore. It keeps popping up with this: credential-osxkeychain is not a git command.

Schermafbeelding 2019-11-13 om 11.48.42.png

I've tried removing the keychain, renewing the user/pw, but it doesnt seem to store them anymore.

I read previos Dreamweaver versions (mainly 2017) had the same problems, wich were fixed after an update.

Does anyone have a clue? It used to work perfectly.

Thanks in advance,

Viktor

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submit an official bug report from your Help menu and revert to your previous version for now.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Git in a Win 10 environment with no issues... can you connect to Git outside of Dreamweaver (via terminal or other application)?

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it's a Catalina related issue... other Git cleints hav ethe same problem. I'll have to check further.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Viktor,

I am sorry to hear this!

Could you please let us know if you are still facing this issue. Also, are you able to connect successfully to your git repo using terminal outside Dreamweaver. Please share your git configuration by executing below command -

"git config --list"

Thanks

Satya Prakash

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first I parked this issue but because I recently did a complete reinstall of my Macbook pro, I tried to re-configure GIT.

What have i done:

I followed the instructions at: https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/dreamweaver/using/git-support.html

- installed GIT

- tried to connect my DW site to a GIT environment.

- upon saving it popups with the error shown above

At first I found that there are 2 GIT installs (one pre-installed from Apple v2.21 and the one I just installed v2.23). 

I added the path to the newly installed GIT (in /usr/local/git/bin) to /etc/paths (at the top).

Still it won't connect to my GIT environment.

This is the output from "git config --list"):

core.excludesfile=~/.gitignore
core.legacyheaders=false
core.quotepath=false
mergetool.keepbackup=true
push.default=simple
color.ui=auto
color.interactive=auto
repack.usedeltabaseoffset=true
alias.s=status
alias.a=!git add . && git status
alias.au=!git add -u . && git status
alias.aa=!git add . && git add -u . && git status
alias.c=commit
alias.cm=commit -m
alias.ca=commit --amend
alias.ac=!git add . && git commit
alias.acm=!git add . && git commit -m
alias.l=log --graph --all --pretty=format:'%C(yellow)%h%C(cyan)%d%Creset %s %C(white)- %an, %ar%Creset'
alias.ll=log --stat --abbrev-commit
alias.lg=log --color --graph --pretty=format:'%C(bold white)%h%Creset -%C(bold green)%d%Creset %s %C(bold green)(%cr)%Creset %C(bold blue)<%an>%Creset' --abbrev-commit --date=relative
alias.llg=log --color --graph --pretty=format:'%C(bold white)%H %d%Creset%n%s%n%+b%C(bold blue)%an <%ae>%Creset %C(bold green)%cr (%ci)' --abbrev-commit
alias.d=diff
alias.master=checkout master
alias.spull=svn rebase
alias.spush=svn dcommit
alias.alias=!git config --list | grep 'alias\.' | sed 's/alias\.\([^=]*\)=\(.*\)/\1\     => \2/' | sort
include.path=~/.gitcinclude
include.path=.githubconfig
include.path=.gitcredential
diff.exif.textconv=exif
credential.helper=osxkeychain

Doe you have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Viktor, 

This has been waisting my time terribly. It makes me wonder if Adobe should stop promoting Dreamweaver compatability with Git. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines