• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2021 Hangs on Loading Site Cache after shutdown. Fine yesterday. OSX 12.6.7

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver 2021 Hangs on Loading Site Cache after shutdown. Fine yesterday. OSX 12.6.7

All was working well. Shutdown iMac, when powered back on, DW now hangs with the "Loading Site Cache" message. If I wait, it continues to use up application memory until it errors out. I have not tried startup by destroying all extensions, etc. I have dozens of Project VII plug-ins and would hate to have to reinstall them all. Any ideas?

Nick

Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 8.37.05 PM.jpg

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not, yet. It says it will remove all preferences and extensions. I have dozens of extensions and I would like to not have to reinstall them all. That said, if there's no other option, that's going to be the next step. So frustrating that it was working fine...and now it's not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caching is optional.  You can disable site caching from the Manage Sites panel.  See screenshot.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Nancy. I did the reset and got back in. Lost all my PVII extensions and have to go back and reinstall (that should take another 45 minutes...) I have gone into all the sites and disabled cacheing. Also turned off the "open most recent site" option as well. Thanks for your response.

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines