• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dreamweaver 2021 won't load/hangs, then crashes

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having major issues with latest version of Dreamweaver 2021 on windows 10.

when i try to open it i get the startup image, then it just hangs. left it alone to give it a chance to respond & see if it was just slow loading and it finally loaded THIRTY MINUTES later. [no local sites or anything liek that being used]

As soon as i close DW & try to open afain, same issue & have to repeat process above.

The worst part of it all, is that during this hanging period, other apps in my system become affected to, until DW finally decides to load or i force quit it & reboot my machine. Most frustrating :[

have tried:

- running as admin

- running from creative cloud app

- resetting preferences [https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html]

- rebooting system multiple times

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just hangs at this screen anywhere between 20-30 minutes :[

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @froufroufox,

I'm wondering if you have a corrupted site definition.  Does this happen with all defined sites on your hard drive or just certain ones?

1. As a test, open DW and create a new site definition (Site > New Site...) and name it Empty Site.

2. Define the local folder on your primary hard drive, not a networked or cloud drive. 

3. Create a few dummy pages.  File > New > HTML > Create... and save them. 

3. Close DW.

4. Reopen DW.

5. Does your newly created Empty Site lag on start up?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often face the same problem, and this can happen in two types of situations :

1. in the same way as you... at startup... it blocks and the wait to have the hand again can vary between a few minutes to a good twenty minutes ???
  2. when I open a script file... the cursor freezes, and then I have to wait two, three, good minutes, then the cursor becomes accessible again and it freezes again as soon as I launch an explicit positioning (click or selection)... well, luckily most of the time I code in ST, with SFTP...

I wonder if there is not an interference with the system, because this behavior is not something permanent. there are periods, that's what makes me say that it can have an impact with OS updates, independent updates of DW.
i have noticed the beginning of this behavior since CC 2017... or 15... i have a doubt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please confirm if this issue observed if site is defined? 

Is it specific to any file types or all kind of files?

Regards,

DW Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @rsing ,

Well, in fact simply by opening Dreamweaver this phenomenon can be seen... then that a site is defined, or not, and this whatever the type of file... good file code... (JS, HTML, JSON, SCSS, PHP, SQL...) no matter.
on the other hand, I would like to point out that here at the studio, we work with local files on a Synology server.

does this help you ?

have a pleasant day

Birnou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines