• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2021 won't open on macOS Monterey [topic edited by moderator]

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having some trouble getting the latest update to Dreamweaver 2021 to open. I have installed the update that was released today, but now when I try to launch the app from my MacBook Pro, I immediately get taken to the error report submission form when a CC app crashes. 

I reached out to @AdobeCare on Twitter and tried to reset the preferences and do a clean install of Dreamweaver, but still no dice. Help, please! 

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CONTACT ADOBE TECH SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using another user account on the Mac to rule out any corruption on the OS/user account level?  Even a guest account for this test would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies, Nancy and Ben. Had to go down the route of a remote session via Adobe Chat and they used a Creative Cloud cleanup tool to get me back up and running. I did however lose my snippets, but that's a small price to pay to be fully functional again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have a previous version of DW installed, custom Snippets are located in the Configuration folder.

On Win10:  C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC [ver]\[language]\Configuration\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy! Unfortunately, we're back to ground zero as the crash upon launch error is back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Mac OS do you have?

Try Restoring Preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately crashes when I try that as well. Working on Mac OS Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that Monterery is the problem.  It's too new and not fully understood or supported yet.  This is all we know so far.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos12-monterey-known-issues.html

Suggest you revert back to previous OS (Big Sur or Catalina) and wait about 3 months until all the problems are solved.

For anyone else reading this, the same goes for Windows 11 which has known issues.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/windows-11.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Katie Cavender,

Thanks for writing to us and trying the troubleshooting steps shared by Nancy and Ben. Please let us know if you have submitted the crash to us via Crash reporter dialog which gets invoked on app crash. We can have a look at the crash logs and see if we can have any resolution to the issue.

We can have a remote connect session(details sent you in a private email) at any convinient time to you for investigating the issue on your machine and try few resolution steps to have the issue resolved on your Mac machine.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nyan. We have submitted multiple crash reports and have done two remote sessions. It appears we’re having an issue where the read/write permissions are changing for the app as a whole on this operating system (Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1). We’re working okay now – but I’m not terribly hopeful it’ll last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Katie,

Thanks for reverting on this. We will have a look at the submitted crash and further investigate the issue. Great to hear you are not seeing the issue now, please let us know in case you observe the crash again. We can have a remote connect session at your convinient time for collecting required info which can help debug the issue at our end and also try few resolution steps to have the issue resolved on your machine.

Take care!

Regards,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines