Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 21.3 hangs on startup

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I finally replaced my Mac with a new one and updated to the latest version of Dreamweaver, which bounces in the dock for about a minute before stopping. All the while, the Force Quit pane says it's not responding. I deleted Dreamweaver and installed the latest from scratch as well as version 21.2, but same results. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Ahhh, good question. DW didn't open in Safe Mode in my account, but it did for the Guest. I assumed that meant corrupted files and trashed the DW files in my Library.  (I manually did what Cmd + Option + Shift while launching Dreamweaver is supposed to do, but wasn't working.) Fixed it! Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your computer meets the minimum CPU & GPU requirements to use the latest Creative Cloud. Most Creative Cloud apps work on:

• windows 11 (64-bit), Windows 10 versions 21H2, 21H1, 20H2, 2004, and 1909 (LTSB branches are not supported;)
  • macOS 12 (Monterey), macOS 11 (Big Sur), macOS 10.16 or 10.15 (Catalina).

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

You need a computer user profile with administrative permissions as well as access to read/write/edit files on the primary volume.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-permissions-for-files-folders-or-disks-mchlp1203/mac

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nancy. It's a new Mac mini running Monterey (12.4). I'm the administrator (and only user).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the Apple Support link I posted above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, thanks. Permissions appear to be set correctly. I would think Photoshop would have the same requirements and version 23.4.1 is working for me. Not so with Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you boot up your mac in Safe Mode?

Does that allow you to open DW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, good question. DW didn't open in Safe Mode in my account, but it did for the Guest. I assumed that meant corrupted files and trashed the DW files in my Library.  (I manually did what Cmd + Option + Shift while launching Dreamweaver is supposed to do, but wasn't working.) Fixed it! Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it sorted. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines