Copied

Hi DW community,

Is it possible to build a progressive web app using Dreamweaver CC 2018

RayJ.Alfsinc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can use Dreamweaver for any text document, especially HTML, CSS and JS documents. Dreamweaver does require that you have a basic knowledge of these languages.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I remember, I didn't test it since a while... but Dreamweaver didn't have (at least when I tested it) JS Promises, nor any code autocomplete for API such as Service Worker, nor fetch listener, just to name few...

As the development of PWA is mainly based on code, and unless a visual tool develops an interface and extensions deeply dedicated to it, I advise you to direct yourself to a real and pure code editor. On my side I use Sublime Text, and there are a lot of things that revolve around it.

as far as visual tools are concerned, and depending on the type of application you want to approach to develop, I'm afraid these types of tools will only scratch the surface

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  wrote

as far as visual tools are concerned, and depending on the type of application you want to approach to develop, I'm afraid these types of tools will only scratch the surface

I don't think many people asking about PWA, (or browser based web applications) are thinking about the same types of applications you and I consider them to be Birnou, but I don't think I would recommend any code editor unless I had much more information about what someone wishes to develop.

If you remember the other discussion recently that briefly touched on the topic, the end result was that there are applications, then there are applications.

My personal all round code editor would be VS Pro, but I would recommend vs code to a beginner.

(Dw is being recommended less and less, even in this forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the question is "Dreamweaver has the (visual) tools to build PWA?" the answer is "no".

Obviously if you have advanced programming skills, you can use Dreamweaver as editor but at this point any development tool is fine.

From several years Dreamweaver is not more the "swiss army knife" that allowed you to do advanced things without much programming knowledge.

Also, consider that at the last Adobe Max for the first time Adobe didn't present anything for Dreamweaver... so, maybe (my opinion, of course) we're near to the EOL announcement.

At the moment Dreamweaver seems to be a paid version of Adobe Brackets.

I suggest you to see Wappler if you're searching a visual tool for PWA (I don't think this feature is already active but the developers have said they are working on it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines