• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2018 will not boot properly?

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been having trouble for around 24 hours with Dreamweaver CC 2018. The issue is that when I open Dreamweaver it will not appear on screen but is visible in task manager (using up my memory but not disc or CPU).

I have seen some relevant advice on these forums but seem to have exhausted all options so thought I would start a new discussion in the hope I can find a solution. I have tried uninstalling everything and using the cleaner tool (twice) with no luck. Have made sure I am launching programs as an Admin which doesn't seem to make a difference. The only time I seem to make any sort of progress is when I clear the registry & AppData for Dreamweaver. This allows Dreamweaver to boot but only once and then the issue returns.

I am hoping this is a simple fix and apologize if this is a repeat post or a generally silly question.

Thanks!

Jack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

OK.  That's some progress

There's probably a process or service running on your system that is conflicting with Dreamweaver.  Whatever the culprit is, it's not loading in Safe Mode.   Have you installed anything other than DW in the last 24 hours?  Did you receive a recent Windows update?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Windows are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently Windows 10 Home Version 1803.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help appreciated as I am very much at a loss as to how to fix this issue. There is no longer such a rush as I have moved my current work onto other software until DW is stable. This is a shame as I really like DW but I have been down to long.

If anybody is able to even provide me with a better form of contact (e.g a tech support phone number) that would also be very helpful as I have thus far been able to find any other support system I can try.

Thanks again to all who take the time to read this with a view to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep my old versions just in case.  Have you tried running a previous version of DW? 

In your CC desktop app, click on Preferences (3 dots icon) and select Show Older Apps.

Select Manage > Other Versions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have rolled back twice... now on DW CC 2017 and still have the issue. 😕 Real shame.

I have tried to attach a screenshot to show the issue persists with CC 2017 (I hope it is clear enough to see the point.)

I will probably continue to roll back the versions whilst also trying everything else again. Hoping for some luck and as always any and all help is really appreciated! ❤️

DW_issue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you boot up in Safe Mode and try it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your help.

So Safe Mode worked a lot better. DW boots seemingly consistently!

I do not have much experience using windows in this basic state though so I am not exactly sure how to use this tool to solve the issue outside of safe mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  That's some progress

There's probably a process or service running on your system that is conflicting with Dreamweaver.  Whatever the culprit is, it's not loading in Safe Mode.   Have you installed anything other than DW in the last 24 hours?  Did you receive a recent Windows update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your help! My only other recent installations have been Photoshop and Illustrator. I am also currently rejecting a windows update as I worry for my hard drive haha

I am hoping to spend some time today trying to find whatever is messing with DW. If anybody should have some advice then its always appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lavasoft and Bins Utility are 2 known culprits. 

Photoshop crashes with Lavasoft Chrome extension or Bins utility installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on issue:

Very much still present but I have been making do (sometimes it runs for a while then not at all for days).

I'm assuming something I cannot find on my PC is indeed conflicting with DW, given the nature of the issue, so I plan to just restore factory settings on this machine in the hope that I can test DW every time I reinstall some software until i find the culprit or perhaps the conflicting program is something I wont actually reinstall.

It is a shame to have such an issue with no easy fix. I do not remember having to take such a dramatic action just to get a program to run in a long time. It would have been a fun troubleshooting challenge... if it wasn't something I pay money to use.

Thanks for all the help though. I guess this is as answered as it can be! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try creating a new Windows user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines