• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2020 does not remember View Split settings

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week, I updated to the latest Dreamweaver CC 2020 for Windows 10, and now my View preferences are reset to default and I can't save my preferred View. I would like Dreamweaver to remember Split Vertically and uncheck Live View on Left. It's super annoying to have to specify my view preferences every time I open a document or start a new one. Things I have tried:

- Created a new Workspace with everything set the way I like. Tried exiting the program, restarting the computer. Selecting that new workspace changes nothing.

- Tried reseting my Dreamweaver preferences to default using the Windows Key + Shift + Control while opening the .exe. The reset did indeed happen, but once again, setting up a new workspace and specifying my preferred split and view did not save. Every time I open Dreamweaver, it goes back to horizontal split and live view on Top/Left.

- Tried creating a new document, setting my workspace, setting my view preferences, saving the document, then loading it after restarting my computer. No luck.

- Tried the "reset 'workspace'" function. Tried the "Save Current" function within workspaces.

- Uninstalled Dreamweaver and deleted preferences, restarted coomputer, re-installed. Issue still persists after trying to set preferences or save a new workspace.

At this point, it seems like a bug with the latest version.

TOPICS
Interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Woosh! I finally got it sorted out. It turns out the creative cloud syncing was creating a feedback loop of sorts. When I first upgraded, I did so on my main computer that acts as the master for syncing (so any changes I make is propagated to my other systems). When the new dreamweaver 2020 installed and first opened, it synced the default settings up to my cloud preferences, overwriting my preferred setup. In past upgrades, I never had an issue, and my synced preferences were remembered and not

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried https://helpx.adobe.com/au/dreamweaver/using/synchronizing-dreamweaver-settings-creative-cloud.html

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sync settings including workspaces to the cloud.  When I upgrade, I simply import my synced settings back from the cloud and restart DW.  It's a big time saver.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Win 10 general setup as you, and did a few test runs... It kept the settings I wanted as I adjusted. I created new workspaces, and it kept those settings too. The only thing I can think to say is, delete all instances of Dreamweaver (make sure you didn't have a 2019 ver still referenced in your Start Menu or Taskbar - I've made that mistake before) and do your fresh install again, then run updates after to be on the safe side. 

Do you think you could screencast/record your issue and share it here?

I hope everything gets worked out.

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woosh! I finally got it sorted out. It turns out the creative cloud syncing was creating a feedback loop of sorts. When I first upgraded, I did so on my main computer that acts as the master for syncing (so any changes I make is propagated to my other systems). When the new dreamweaver 2020 installed and first opened, it synced the default settings up to my cloud preferences, overwriting my preferred setup. In past upgrades, I never had an issue, and my synced preferences were remembered and not overwritten. So, I must have clicked through the initial sync options too quick and chose to upload my preferences (aka the defaults) instead of download them. After that, whenever I tried to make a change, it would just grab the defaults from the cloud as I had set the sync option to download instead of upload. Gah!

So a big thanks to Ben, Nancy and Anissa for pointing me in the right direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kinda DUMB that you can't set SPLIT VIEW SETTINGs in preferences or Dreamweaver won't open a new file like the old settings even were.  How idiotic!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't think logically now......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines