• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC (21.2) with xml files --> no schema --> any way to auto indent entries?

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I had not used Dreamweaver in over a decade and things have changed a bit, relearning the app.

I am working with xml files, copying from three different sources onto a master xml file, as well as text from a PDF file.

When I paste the new entries into their respective/appropriate locations, it doesn't indend automatically. I have tried to close the application and open again and see if it indents the structure properly while opening the file, but no luck.

I'm not quite sure if it's because these are xmls files and there's no reference schema for the underlying structure (the client's choice).

Searched around here, but didn't find anything remotelly similar.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

H.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DW won't auto-indent pasted code. 

Once your file is complete, and you're done adding your code, you can go to Edit > Code > Apply Source Formatting to add indentation based on your settings under Tools > Tag Library.

You can also set the Apply Source Formatting command to a keyboard shortcut of your choosing by going to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts so you don't have to dig for it later. That way, as you add info to a file, you can format it as you go with one of the usual Vulcan Neck Pinches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines