• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS3 Activation Problem

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Dreamweaver CS3 for 7 years and now I changed the computer and installed it to the new computer.  But I could not activate it using the original serial number.  It seems this old dreamweaver is no logner supported.  So I could not use it any more??    This program is supposed to be good for two computers and I only used it for one computer.  So I do not think I have to deactivate the one on the old computer.    Any comment is appreciated.   Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Did you have CS3 on this computer before?  If yes, you need to wipe all traces of it from your system.

NOTE: For best results, remove your old CS3 / Acrobat 8 BEFORE installing the replacement version.  Below is a link to the CS Cleaner Tool.  Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

And remove the old Adobe PCD folder from

Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/

Or see  Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8

When prompted for serial number, en

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 is more than a decade old.  The activation servers were retired.  You will need to obtain a new installer and serial number that does not need activation.  For details, see the correct answer below. 

Re-activating CS3 (Updated)

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your information.

However,

Activation or connection error | CS3, Acrobat 8

It's official.  CS3 Activation Servers have been retired.  If you have CS3 or Acrobat 8, see this help article for further details on how to obtain a replacement version & new serial number that does not require activation.  This is not freeware.  You will be asked to log-in with your Adobe ID and provide a valid CS3 serial number.

Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

I got a new serial number from the above mentioned page.  I still cannot activate even with the new number provided.

It seems I need an authorization code.    There is no phone support for Adobe and chat service was not helpfull at all. They just directed me to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you have CS3 on this computer before?  If yes, you need to wipe all traces of it from your system.

NOTE: For best results, remove your old CS3 / Acrobat 8 BEFORE installing the replacement version.  Below is a link to the CS Cleaner Tool.  Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

And remove the old Adobe PCD folder from

Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/

Or see  Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8

When prompted for serial number, enter the new one.  And click on Never Register.

Restart your computer.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines