• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dreamweaver cs4 crashes constantly

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2009 May 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

previously used dreamweaver 8 on this same computer with no major headaches. upgraded to dreamweaver cs4, and I get crashes all the time. no pattern to the crashes.

sometimes, adding a new folder to the site will cause it to crash (but not always).

sometimes trying to navigate the remote site will cause dreamweaver cs4 to crash.

sometimes looking at the screen will cause it to crash.

anyone else having the same sorts of trouble? i might be ready to switch to zend studio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 129 Replies 129
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2010 Aug 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jamie, I jinxed myself. I'm crashing out of CS5 a lot the last couple of days during file transfers... although with different symptoms. mhollis, please read the long thread, this is affecting many people regardless of having check in/out functionality enabled. I still run all versions, and for me the aged MX8 is the most stable for file transfers. Oops, just crashed again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2010 Aug 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI mhollis55

You might want to check definition of words you call people before posting on public formum! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonce_(slang)

Also check your facts before you post, particularly as it's a feature you don't even use! I am not sure what you think the checkin / checkout does, but it is nothing special, it uses simple ftp, exactly the same as if it it not turned on. The only extra thing it does is put a separate file on the server named the same as the file(.CHK) you are working containing the email of the person working on it. If that file exists then dreamweaver knows it's checked out... that's it, nothing else!

For everone else, deleting the cache files always works for me. In fact DCS3 has been stable on my machine (Win7) for many months now, I can't actually remember the last time ftp struggled! 

The one annoying bug that Adobe need to fix is the file select in Win7  where by you have to go down an extra level to select the folder above!!!! Most annoying and I would imagine a quick fix... but as CS5 is here I guess they simply decided to give up on CS3.

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In regards to your snarky reply, I think you've mostly got it wrong. This is an FTP bug. It's not a sync but, although sync does seem to make it happen more. The ftp engine in Dreamweaver is hosed. Once it loses its connection or times out, it cannot successfully reconnect without crashing Dreamweaver.

Dreamweaver is a pig. It's a piece of trash that Adobe should be sued for. Seriously. A class action lawsuit would be in order. It's a pile of dog crap and they've never, never, never once come and look at this forum. Adobe puts out absolute crap for code, then never supports it. Look at how long this thread has been going without ANY input from Adobe. Adobe Dreamweaver = pig sh*t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW4 and DW5 are actually very decent in their code generation, IF you choose to use the WYSIWYG...DW5 is much better, recognizing Wordpress and PHP function as you type them in.

I resolved the problem associated with this thread by:

1. Disabling Check In/Check Out

2. Disabling Caching on the problem site profile

Haven't had a single instance of crashing since. This was months ago. I agree this is a bug that Adobe needs to attend to but calling DW a P.O.S. doesn't really do anything but aire  your personal grievance with the application. Find a way around it or switch to something else for your coding needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My problems like this went away when I stopped using Dropbox to store my site directory.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines