• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS5 does not open in macOS High Sierra!

New Here ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to have to make some hard choices. The easiest solution would be to get a cheap Windows 10 laptop, because old versions of Dreamweaver will likely be good for at least a decade. If you can't, or won't, do that, you can revert back to a previous version of OS 10. Barring that, you can buy a subscription to the Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seed if this article helps you.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to Nancy's advice...

The Adobe workarounds are typically a bit incomplete. You might also need to make some system changes on your Mac, including the Java implementation. You might also want to read this:

https://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac-software/which-apps-wont-work-in-macos-high-sierra-3664177/

In my experience, Adobe tutorials are usually the last ones you want to read

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Java SE 6 Direct download:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read through this article, particularly the section for "Older versions of Adobe software (CS3–CS6)" + the comments section. Seems some users have CS5 apps running under High Sierra, however it seems the success various some.

https://blog.conradchavez.com/2017/09/25/macos-10-13-high-sierra-will-adobe-software-work/

Worse case you can revert your OS back to a previous version you had CS5 working successfully on, or a partition to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Dreamweaver CC 2018 on High Sierra and it continually shuts down. In the last four hours I've got about 10 mins work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new CC (today), and all programs open, but not Dreamweaver CC (and not Dreamweaver CC (2017)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all of you that are on Dreamweaver CC 2018 and are facing issues, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, I've had the same problem for months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines