• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS5 FTP issue

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should have updated to DW 6 some years ago but old and not doing much. - Anyway, am unable to reach the server of Ionos for my 5 or so sites. I'm trying to use Filezila... and appear to be reaching the 1 & 1 server. Is there an alternative to Dreamweaver as I now simply want to reach my site at 1 & 1 to stay in control and probably take down over the next 6 months or so - I'm getting quite old and it is getting a lot beyond me. Is ther an "FTP app" that might fit into DW 5. I started with, I seem to recall, a free copy of DW3 on the front of a PC/Web Magazine many many years a go.

May I say thanks in anticipation and hope I with the right community

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

I think you mean Creative Suite 5 and CS5.5.   Macromedia never released a version 5

image.png

My Windows File Explorer allows me to select multiple files and open them with any application I choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember a DW5.  There was a DW4 and MX6 after that but no 5.  So I assume you really mean Creative Suite 5 which came out in 2010.   Use Filezilla S/FTP client to connect with your server.  If that fails, contact your hosting provider to ensure you have the right server and log in details.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're absolutely right Ms Oshea. Put it down to old age - it is/was Creative Suite 5 as I recall and almost certainly 2010 when I purchased my current PC. Had a similar problem some years ago but managed to overcome it and and continued using DW "5" OK. The present problem started maybe 9 months ago and at last am trying to resolve things. Have downloaded Filezilla (Free version) and hope to make headway with understanding its use. I think I've managed to reach the 1&1 server and am seriously thinking of taking down my websites. Am a little concerned about what happens to the addresses based around www.grifd.com and other addresses with extensions .org.uk as I don't want them to fall into dodgy hands.

So, thank you Ms Oshea - Nancy was my mother's forename

Owdun - forgot that I usually use GriffsGriff as my pseudonym although to be honest I cannot remember the one used when talking to "this" and Photoshop forums maybe more than 10 years ago. Incidentally, could not find Dreamweaver for sale details when reaching the Adobe website yesterday and in the past was usually taken with no trouble to my profile/purchases details. Not so yesterday.

Thanks for your helpful response Nancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, actually there was a DW 5 and a DW 5.5. I keep DW 5.5 (version 11 I think) on my desktop solely for the ability to select 10 or so files in a directory with Ctrl-click or shift and click to select a group and open with a right click. For my work that is extremely handy and just works. I haven't found that ability in any other editors at this point. Even ST and VS Code cannot do that.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you mean Creative Suite 5 and CS5.5.   Macromedia never released a version 5

image.png

My Windows File Explorer allows me to select multiple files and open them with any application I choose.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. I was thinking Adobe DW all along, not Macromedia. Duh! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you one and all. Not quite there yet but pleased to get the listing of  the various versions.

Mine is CS 5 V 11.0 Build 4993. Will not forget that in a hurry. As mentioned my first version was a Macromdia version  and, as I recall, a free disc on the front of a computer magazine, way back. So, it's been a long ride providing a high regard for Dreamweaver.

Hope to get to grips with Filezilla once I get over this long lasting cold

Best wishes to all

Owdun - GriffsGriff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines