Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS6 Issues on mac Mojave 10.14

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using a mac with Mojave 10.14 and Dreamweaver CS6. It recently crashed and upon restart, my "Manage Sites" Window was blank (no longer listed my sites). Reinstalled CS6, still has same issue. Any ideas how to get my list back? Also, now since reinstalling, I am getting the error: "While executing onLoad in BusinessCatalyst.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occured: In File "BusinessCatalyst": bcinit is not defined Any ideas why that is coming up or how to fix? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is discontinued and unsupported. It wasn't designed to run on Mojave or High Sierra or even Sierra.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not. That's the risk you take with unsupported software.  

The message about Business Catalyst looks like a JavaScript error in the programming.  Try Restore Preferences (2014 & earlier) and see if that helps.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html#Dreamweaver2014andearlie...

Did you previously export your site definition settings to STE files?  If yes, you can import them from Site > Manage Sites panel.

If not, you'll need to manually create new site definitions.  Site > New Site... 

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!  Real Adobe staff will never reach out by Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

Yes I can reimport and update the .ste files, was hoping maybe there was a way to get them all back at once. Thanks for the preferences link, it did get rid of the JavaScript error, now I'm getting a different error. I got this one the last month or two also, just hit no to ignore it, any idea why it is happening or how to get rid of it?

"Dreamweaver could not establish a secure connection to the requested site. Would you like to continue with an insecure connection? No/Yes"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Dreamweaver could not establish a secure connection to the requested site. Would you like to continue with an insecure connection? No/Yes"

=============

Hi @ANMANdesign 

In what context are you seeing that message?

Can you show us a screenshot sans any sensitive info?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 8.16.48 PM.png

 This dialog box has been popping up lately upon launch of Dreamweaver before I can do anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines