• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Future

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that I couldn't select Dreamweaver as software, I was interested in at Adobe MAX registration.  Will there be updates this year? Will Dreamweaver still be supported?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/look-nothing-really-about-web-development/td-p/12321799

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver is still part of the Creative Cloud product line.  However MAX's focus appears to be on the 3D design stuff -- namely Substance which has an additional purchase price BTW.

Real web design isn't sexy.  Smile for the camera and say "3D cheese."

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that I couldn't select Dreamweaver as software, I was interested in at Adobe MAX registration.  Will there be updates this year? Will Dreamweaver still be supported?

By @Nusense Media

What interests you in Dreamweaver that would be catastrophic if it disappeared? I'm asking because I'm trying to understand who still thinks it's releveant, what they do with it, how much they use it and the reasons why they would miss it? Do you use it on a daily basis, because it has something specific or do you use it because it's part and parcel of the full creative cloud application suite. Since we have no input from anyone at Adobe informing where it's going (I dont know why) no one knows where its heading but if you look at its slow updates and steady decline over that last 5 years, dropped from the last 2 Adobe Max events,  it's not looking good. My personal view and its only a personal view is its on borrowed time and Adode arent giving it much love, I think that's a fair assessment,  anyone at Adobe care to chime in and put your points of observation, views and future road map, one which can be delivered, not false promises??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why I like Dreamweaver:

a) Familiar.  I've been using it since the late 90's & it suits my workflow.

b) Convenient. DW contains on board tools for file management, visual design & coding all in one app. No other code editor has quite the same features as DW.

c) Extensions.  I have commercial extensions I still use with it.

d) Compatible with my system and other Creative Cloud apps.

DW's not the only tool I use so if it unexpectedly goes away, I can adapt.  But I would prefer not to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why I like Dreamweaver:

a) Familiar.  I've been using it since the late 90's & it suits my workflow.

b) Convenient. DW contains on board tools for file management, visual design & coding all in one app. No other code editor has quite the same features as DW.

c) Extensions.  I have commercial extensions I still use with it.

d) Compatible with my system and other Creative Cloud apps.

DW's not the only tool I use so if it unexpectedly goes away, I can adapt.  But I would prefer not to.

By @Nancy OShea

a) - Maybe its time for change.

b) - Probably it's only saving grace, it has decent file management - is that enough though for the £240.00 per year subscription!!!

c) - Would anyone still buy extensions for Dreamweaver if they knew an editor like Wappler had everything you could possibly need to build a website included by default, by far and away in advance of anything Dreamweaver could do, by default.  By the time you have paid for all the extensions you would need for Dreamweaver to build something comparable, you might as well pay the £342.00 annual subscription for an editor like Wappler and be current, Bootstrap 5, or though it only says Bootstrap 4 on their homepage, which needs updating.  (Disclaimer it's not my cup of tea but I can't fault the progress they have made and if you are not a code purist like me it would be more than a good fit.)

d) - Most editors will be compatible with ones OS until one updates it and have to move to a more current version of the software

PS. That is why I personally dont believe many are using Dreamweaver as a stand alone product. They are most likely using it as part of the suit of cloud software but if they had to pay full price for it, they would think twice. It's sort of become a 'free' bit of software and hence why Adobe seemingly shows little enthusiasim towards it. Unless anyone else knows, please do inform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As alluded to in another thread, I feel Adobe lost enthusiasm for the web a long time ago. 

Maybe the demise of Flash left a nasty taste in their mouth.  Flash web technology consumed a lot of Adobe's resources for many years.  Then one day the browsers said "we've had enough, we're killing Flash support." 

Since 2021, Flash Player no longer exists yet DW 2021 still contains options for inserting both Flash Video and Flash SWF files.  Until quite recently, Acrobat DC also had Flash options.  But with its substantially larger user-base and after many complaints from product users, Acrobat took it out.

PS.  I appreciate why some people like Wappler but it's not my cup o' tea.  Nothing personal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like dreamweaver far more than visual studio code. It is much easier to learn and work with in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only has it been scrubbed from MAX, it no longer appears as part of the Creative Cloud area of their website (adobe.com/creativecloud.html). Without using the site's search function, it's just gone. Even when searched, the download link is 7th in line after tutorials and knowledgebase articles. 

We've seen this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...it no longer appears as part of the Creative Cloud area of their website...

==========

Yes.  Adobe was informed of this months ago over a private channel.  Nobody from Adobe commented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only has it been scrubbed from MAX, it no longer appears as part of the Creative Cloud area

By @Jon Fritz

Nice catch Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only has it been scrubbed from MAX, it no longer appears as part of the Creative Cloud area

By @Jon Fritz

Nice catch Jon

By @B i r n o u

Ha! Ha! better find another solution quickly, other than .dwt. .............time is running out Ha! Ha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't worry, and although most of my work is not based on this type of functionality, I still have my good old DW 6 (aka MX) running on a VM, which allows me to run all this type of routines in the background...

I only use the versions since CS6 to test in prerelease, as I'm involved in, certainly on real productions, but I know that you already know my favorite environment, don't you 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you'd be OK with CC 2015 also, which is pretty stable, faster than the current versions of Dreamweaver and it uses the old code editor (which is quicker and more stable than the current Brackets integration found in Dreamweaver).

I personally think Dreamweaver is on borrowed time, the updates it has been getting just seem to be service updates. The new integration of server behaviors went on the backburner and I don't see it making a return ...

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important to note that new subscribers don't have access to pre-2019 versions from their CC Desktop App.  Only the last two major versions (21 & 20) are offered.   And I have no stability issues with either on latest Win10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If people want older builds, they can get in some cases from here, for example: 

CS6 Builds

CC2015 Builds

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I teally hope they continue aupporting. It has helped me tremendously learning front end code. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines