• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver project doesn't open properly

New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I was working on a school project where i had to create a website using a template, I saved the project to the creative cloud folder to open it on a different computer, but when I opened it, the template was gone and the live preview of the website looked like a simple word document file. Is there a proper way to save the project so that I am able to edit on a different laptop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already, go to Site > New Site and  define a local site folder such as C:\MyTestSite to which all your site files and assets are saved.

CC-localsite.jpg

Copy the site folder  to your Laptop computer.   I typically use a USB stick drive.  That way, I have my site folder backed up in multiple places.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you by any chance used the manage site > export site option ?

That would just export the site definition (settings) but wouldn't save any files/folders created from the project

You would need to physically copy the entire project folder to your creatibve cloud folder

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines