• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Pushlishing

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I published my html not a new site. But had problems with an image not showing, so I deleted everything and republished from scratch but is not showing at all now. 

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a number of different things.

1. Browser cache. Disable or clear your browser cache and try loading the page again.

2. Case structure mismatch. Your local OS is not casE SenSitiVe, your server usually is. A link to Index.html will go to index.html locally, but online, they're treated as two separate files. Make sure all of your links identically match your file names, right down to case structure.

3. A redundant site root folder. When setting up your FTP in DW, make sure your remote root directory field is filled in (usually www, htdocs or public_html). Also be sure that root directory does NOT appear within your Files window. If it's in your Files window, it would mean your site is being uploaded to a duplicate directory and would be accessible by going to yoursite.com/rootname.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I published my htm...

=========

What is the URL?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines