• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver "search" not working

Participant ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, for some time now, I have been having a problem searching for files in Dreamweaver.  Usually, I just suck it up and look for the files line-by-line.  However, this website is getting larger and it is getting too difficult to do that.  

Whatever name I type, Dreamweaver returns the message "No Matches Found", even when I am looking directly at the match.  Am I searching wrong or is this a bug in Dreamweaver?  Here is a video I made of the search issue I am having.  Thank you!

https://www.loom.com/share/67f79174a4354712872c9b31b335206f

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I recall correctly, if your Mac isn't set to index the folder that your sites are in (for example, when they reside inside a local server installation) nothing will show up in that search field.

Even though it looks like part of the Files Window, it's really just a Mac Spotlight search field the dev guys tacked into the Files window, not really part of DW's search functionality.

You should be able to force your Mac to index the folder your sites are in and it should then find the files.

I think, it's been a very long time since I used a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines