• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Slow Loading

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Dreamweaver installed and I do a lot of editing via FTP my question is why does it take so long to load up? Other html editors load lightning fast the old style Dreamweaver before you all went to this newer version MONTHLY PAYMENT VERSION would load instantly! Dont you all benchmark your scripts for performance?

Slim it down and speed it up or find out what is making it so slow to respond it's not my computer or internet connection either. Maybe I am doing something wrong I sure hope someone has a fix for this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this has less to do with DW and more to do with your server or Internet connection.

One way to check is to use a dedicated S/FTP client like FileZilla.  It's free.

https://filezilla-project.org

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Nancy it isnt my internet connection I happen to manage a regional hub for a leading cable company I took my computer to work hooked it directly into the main regional node in the master headend. Lets just say download speeds are in the 100 gigabyte range per second and latency basically don't exsist. And I do use a s/ftp client I can upload and download entire movies in a flash it's my own dedicated server not a vps and I have turned it into a hotrod.

It seems to me after reading through other problems that have been posted about dreamweaver looks like a programming issue to me? I have run 3 different editors at the same time via FTP and all were easily 10 times faster than Dreamweaver on the same computer.

I write scripts for Cpanel all the time via ftp using notepad++ and others anyway I am going to dig into it fix it then post the fix here IN CODE then you can pass it to your developers and script writers so they can fix it for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jim98A7,

I don't work for Adobe.  I'm an unpaid forum volunteer and long-time product user.  This user-to-user forum is NOT a direct pipeline to Adobe product engineers.  Please submit your bug and feature requests to Uservoice from your DW Help menu.

Thank you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanna know too. It gets slow with every version upgrade, while FileZilla works 10x faster.

From DW ver 21 onwards, a simple 25kb html file takes 2 minutes to download, after it checks that all 50 linked files does not need to be downloaded because it's already updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines