• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dreamweaver vs adobe xd?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which software should I use when designing a responsive website. Dreamweaver or Adobe xd?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Adobe XD is a design tool producing prototypes that are viewable on HTML, but are not live HTML sites in and of themselves. It's a design tool, not an authoring tool.

Dreamweaver is an authoring tool that helps to develop complete websites.

In other words, they are chalk and cheese.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD is a design tool producing prototypes that are viewable on HTML, but are not live HTML sites in and of themselves. It's a design tool, not an authoring tool.

Dreamweaver is an authoring tool that helps to develop complete websites.

In other words, they are chalk and cheese.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Do you know if elements from Adobe XD can be exported to Dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export assets, like PNG and SVG, to Dreamweaver. You will still need to do the code yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you develop further in this explanation? I'm a beginner with both programs and would like to create a web-like-experience in an online course in Canvas LMS. I thought that I could design the interactive user experience, design and content with Adobe XD and then simply embed it in Canvas, which is the LMS that we use in our school.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unlikely that will work.  For better answers to your XD questions, refer to the XD forum below.

Adobe XD CC

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How complicated is it to convert the XD prototype into full HTML?  So basically the page layouts would be easily 100% identical but all the line dragging ease of use does not exist and has to be made through code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export assets, like PNG and SVG, to Dreamweaver. You will still need to do the code yourself. Have a look at https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/export-design-assets.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you can drag over all the artworks but any text and transitions would have to be coded through Dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as a number of participants, I have often requested that an HTML structure can be exported from the templates, as well as an interactive pre-tree, but I am very concerned that to date this is not yet integrated into the application.

Well, I haven't looked at XD in a while precisely because of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come that hasn't been designed?  Using XD creations as a personal app like using android studio for smart glasses to display things or unity build and runs on android for AR 3D models can fulfill my needs enough.  Having the world see it would be cool but not As essential.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines