• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver won't indicate what file it won't upload

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Dreamweaver 19.2.1 on High Sierra. (yes i know its old but so ans dont have much extra case to feed Adobe and Apple)

I am having an issue upoading a page to my server. Thisis the error i get

"

pages:Bonaire:2020:Underwater:May:May1:test2.php - same - not transferred - error occurred - Access denied. The file may not exist locally, may be open in another program, or there could be a local permission problem. pages:Bonaire:2020:Underwater:May:May1:Slideshow:images-1.jpg - same - not transferred pages:Bonaire:2020:Underwater:May:May1:Slideshow:images-2.jpg - same - not transferred pages:Bonaire:2020:Underwater:May:May1:Slideshow:images-3.jpg - same - not transferred pages:Bonaire:2020:Underwater:May:May1:Slideshow:images-4.jpg - same - not transferred pages:Bonaire:2020:Underwater:May:May1:Slideshow:images-5.jpg - same - not transferred pages:Bonaire:2020:Underwater:May:May1:Slideshow:images-6.jpg - same - not transferred pages:Bonaire:2020:Underwater:May:May1:Slideshow:images-7.jpg - same - not transferred pages:Bonaire:2020:Underwater:May:May1:Slideshow:images-8.jpg - same - not transferred pages:Bonaire:2020:Underwater:May:May1:Slideshow:images-9.jpg - same - not transferred pages:Bonaire:2020:Underwater:May:May1:Slideshow:images-10.jpg - same - not transferred pages:Bonaire:2020:Underwater:May:May1:Slideshow:images-11.jpg - same - not transferred pages:Bonaire:2020:Underwater:May:May1:Slideshow:images-12.jpg - same - not transferred pages:Bonaire:2020:Underwater:May:May1:Slideshow:images-13.jpg - same - not transferred File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed. Files skipped: 14 Files with errors: 1"

When I tell it not to uploafde dependent files. I get no errors.

The page shoes no errors in dreamweaver

Thoughst for troouble shooting?

TOPICS
Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple answer is don't upload dependant files.  

Obviously, they already exist on the server.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Same - not transferred" is usually caused by a permissions problem on your server. You'll want to talk to your hosting company and make sure you have full permissions to overwrite existing files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am the hosting company...   The permissions are identical for all.  If the log would tell me the offending file it would help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All 14 files won't upload because they already exist on the server and you don't currently have overwrite permissions.

To illustrate my point, go to the server and delete the file at...

pages/Bonaire/2020/Underwater/May/May1/Slideshow/images-8.jpg

...you will then be able to upload it without issue, and will only show 13 files with errors (on the last line of your FTP Log) instead of 14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"i am the hosting company... The permissions are identical for all."

Frankly, I don't know what that means. 

Try using a dedicated FTP client like Filezilla. Maybe that will work better for you.  If not, then the problem isn't with Dreamweaver.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WI am uploading toe a server which I managed and havd allowe myself full wrire and read uthorities

So I gues you are saying to me that the "The file may not exist locally, may be open in another program, or there could be a local permission problem."errro is caused by the files tha follow the message already being present on the server.   Morfe of a summaty message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines