• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver won't launch/open - Stalls at 7.1 MB of Memory

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read through everything on the forums but everything was either a temporary solution or doesn't work. This is a fresh install of Dreamweaver...no plugins, no customizations, just straight Dreamweaver installed from the CC App.

I've tried:

1. Launching from the CC App (Dreamweaver stalls at 7.1MB of memory) won't load
  2. Launching from the .exe (Dreamweaver stalls at 7.1MB of memory) won't load
  3. Running as Administrator (Dreamweaver stalls at 7.1MB of memory) won't load
  4. Clearing, Uninstalling, Reinstalling, etc (Dreamweaver stalls at 7.1MB of memory) won't load

I don't mean to sound harsh, but this seems like a serious program flaw given it won't even load on clear installs/builds. This is basic program startup 101. In short, it's broke.

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

After extensive troubleshooting, it appears that Dreamweaver failed to launch due to a Windows Service (Start -> Run -> msconfig). This issues with Windows Services may not be readily apparent to other users since the rest of the Adobe CC Suite launches/runs just fine, indivcating that there's a problem with Dreamweaver and not your system. To test, simple click "Hide all Microsoft Services" -> Disable all -> Restart & check if Dreamweaver launches. If it launches, then you know it's a service p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it were a serious program flaw causing your issue, this forum would be flooded with similar stories. There have been issues in the past that were introduced with new versions of DW, much smaller than "the program won't start", and this place absolutely exploded with people describing the exact same issue over and over through dozens of threads. 

Right now that's not happening, which leads me to believe there's something else causing the problem on your system. Something few people are using that is conflicting with your installation of DW.

What version of Windows are you using?
Which version of DW are you installing?

Where on your system are you installing DW?
Do you have any real-time virus protection or back-up software running?
Have you tried running in Clean Boot Mode to see if anything else on your system is interfering with DW?

It may be worthwhile to have Adobe's Tech Support try to narrow down the issue, you can contact them directly by clicking here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Windows are you using?

Version 1809

Which version of DW are you installing?

I believe 20.0; the latest from the CC App

Where on your system are you installing DW?

C: Drive, standard default loocation

Do you have any real-time virus protection or back-up software running?

Outside windows defender, no.

I'll note, every other Adobe CC app hasn't had issues with launching. Dreamweaver is the only one that hangs on launch and won't actually open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After extensive troubleshooting, it appears that Dreamweaver failed to launch due to a Windows Service (Start -> Run -> msconfig). This issues with Windows Services may not be readily apparent to other users since the rest of the Adobe CC Suite launches/runs just fine, indivcating that there's a problem with Dreamweaver and not your system. To test, simple click "Hide all Microsoft Services" -> Disable all -> Restart & check if Dreamweaver launches. If it launches, then you know it's a service problem.

So what was the problem? My theory is that one of my GPU Profiling programs (Riva Tuner) caused Dreamweaver to hang on launch. No clue how or why since it works fine with every other program. Unistalling the program and disabling the service seemed to let Dreamweaver launch appropriately. Not ideal, but hopefully this will help others who encounter the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines