• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[DW 15 and 19 on macOS] Site Definition is loosing the Login Data after a restart

Contributor ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

When I define a site in DW 15 or 19 on macOS everything works fine and I get a positive result after testing the connection. I set the checkmark for save. I restart DW.

Result:
The Login Data are gone. They haven't been saved.

I can reproduce the problem.

I used a workaround to solve it: I duplicated the the site definition (it was an imported one).
With the duplicated definition it worked, it is saved as expected.

Is that a known bug?

Is there may be a workaround for the import of site definition in form of a manipulation of the file rights/permissions?

Independent of that:
In DW 19 I can choose the "FTP via SSL/TLS - explicit Encryption". It works fine.

In DW 15, with the same webserver and the same login data, it does not work with that type. It only works with the Type "FTP".

Is that a known bug in DW 15?

Thanks for your help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

This sounds like a corrupt keychain that is preventing the system from saving the passwords.  In the Mac environment, DW does not save your passwords, rather it ties into the Mac Keychain for this functionality.  Open the Keychain and look in the application passwords for items that are formatted like:

SiteName-SiteServer 0

Those are the DW keychains. Just delete the keychain that is associated with the server and restart DW and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a corrupt keychain that is preventing the system from saving the passwords.  In the Mac environment, DW does not save your passwords, rather it ties into the Mac Keychain for this functionality.  Open the Keychain and look in the application passwords for items that are formatted like:

SiteName-SiteServer 0

Those are the DW keychains. Just delete the keychain that is associated with the server and restart DW and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ben,

thanks for your helpful answer

I deleted the keychain entries of that site and after that the login data is saved as expected.

My second question was about "FTP via SSL/TLS - explicit Encryption".

That still does not work with DW 15.

Dropbox - Screenshot 2019-04-04 06.47.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Next time you try an FTP transaction click on Site-->Advanced-->FTP Log and see what the exact error is being returned in the log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines