Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW 2017 and Edge Inspect

Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm learning CC DW 2017 on Windows 7
I'm a DW beginner so I'm going through the beginners' tutorials. When I got to this one (link below) it speaks of something called "Edge Inspect." Supposed to help you to preview your site on various different devices. It tells me I can find it in the CC App and download it from there. I don't see it on the CC app. Is it a discontinued thing?
If we can't use it anymore, is there something else to use instead?
Am I correct to think it was something that would allow me to see how my site would perform on a phone without leaving my desktop? Because I do not have an actual  phone with web access to test it on. So it is very important to me to have this capability via my desktop.

Preview web designs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Have a look at Cross-browser testing tools | Download free Adobe Edge Inspect CC trial

If you still want Edge Inspect, then go to How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

If you are convinced that you should use the substitute to Edge Inspect, have a look at Device Preview responsive design in Adobe Dreamweaver | Adobe Dreamweaver CC tutorials

Personally, I would use the last option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look at Cross-browser testing tools | Download free Adobe Edge Inspect CC trial

If you still want Edge Inspect, then go to How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

If you are convinced that you should use the substitute to Edge Inspect, have a look at Device Preview responsive design in Adobe Dreamweaver | Adobe Dreamweaver CC tutorials

Personally, I would use the last option.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines