• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW MX 2004 Importing

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Upgraded to Windows 10 and transported my 4 websites to my new computer. I created a ste file for each stored it in each "website" file and went to manage sites, imported. Everything seemed fine. Only issue is that when I got to pull up a page to edit it, the images won't download to the pic folder. When I imported I did select the correct files through the steps. What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

I'm going to say this the most polite way possible. Your software is 16 years out of date.  I'm surprised you could install much less use it on Win10.  But be that as it may, an outdated code editor is of no practical value to anyone because the web has changed too much.   MX 2004 cannot understand modern HTML5, CSS and JavaScript code.  And I shudder to think how uncooperative MX would be with responsive layouts like Bootstrap, CSS Flexbox & Grids.  It's too painful to think about.

If you're

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in former discussions we found out, that the import of the image-pathes was faulty and was not correct processed.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to say this the most polite way possible. Your software is 16 years out of date.  I'm surprised you could install much less use it on Win10.  But be that as it may, an outdated code editor is of no practical value to anyone because the web has changed too much.   MX 2004 cannot understand modern HTML5, CSS and JavaScript code.  And I shudder to think how uncooperative MX would be with responsive layouts like Bootstrap, CSS Flexbox & Grids.  It's too painful to think about.

If you're interested, Dreamweaver CC has a free 7 day trial.  But brace yourself for lots of changes.

https://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/free-trial-download.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines