• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DWT files didn't export with the rest of the site

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finally switching from CS3 (yes, CS3) to Creative Cloud. In Dreamweaver, I've exported a few of my sites, but when I import the sites on another computer, I don't see any template files (.dwt) as part of the import. Any idea why not or where they can be found?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

cool to hear that all is fine now, in fact playing with the top right contextual menu, should have had the same result as closing and restarting DW, but without having to do it 😉

the panel I talk about, can be accessed from the menu Windows > Assets

don't forget to select the second icon from bottom on the left (Template)

so before...

Lena_0-1656441791090.png

playing with the menu

Lena_1-1656441857127.png

after

Lena_2-1656441985472.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to avoid any confusion, let me rephrase your question.

When you talk about exporting, then importing your sites, we are talking about exporting, importing STE files that contain the various parameters of your sites, and not the site files themselves (HTML, CSS, JS, DWT, LBI, PHP ... etc ...)

These local files are in fact left on your hard disk, and will be visible again when the imported STE file tells DW where the local site is.

The same goes for the test server files if there is one, and the online files defined by the remote server.

If we are talking about the same thing, and your DWT files still don't show up ... where do you think they should show up :

• in the file panel, then check your site settings, local part, and server settings (test and remote)
  • in the assets panel, Template section (second last icon on the bottom left side), from the contextual menu on the top right of the assets panel select rebuild site

If nothing appears, send us a step by step of what you have done and obtained or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Yes, I was referring to the .ste file.

I use an online drive for storage, and both the "old" and "new" should be drawing from the same drive. Once I imported the .ste file, I can see many of my local files in the panel on the right (I don't know what it's called), but I now see that I also don't have several other files besides the template folder. I'm confident that it's user error, as I just started using it this morning. I'm just trying to figure out how to retrieve the rest of my files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Yes, I was referring to the .ste file.

By @MICHAEL25046626hjog

you're welcome

I can see many of my local files in the panel on the right (I don't know what it's called),

that is the files panel, the one I was talking about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all worked itself out. I had to close and reopen each site and then everything loaded into the site. I appreciate your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cool to hear that all is fine now, in fact playing with the top right contextual menu, should have had the same result as closing and restarting DW, but without having to do it 😉

the panel I talk about, can be accessed from the menu Windows > Assets

don't forget to select the second icon from bottom on the left (Template)

so before...

Lena_0-1656441791090.png

playing with the menu

Lena_1-1656441857127.png

after

Lena_2-1656441985472.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines