• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message I don't understand

Participant ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a weird message.  The page shows properly.  However, at the BOTTOM, this miessage appears:

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Serialization of 'PDOStatement' is not allowed in [no active file]:0 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in [no active file] on line 0

Does anyone have any idea what this means or where I might look to find the problem?

Any advice will be appreciated!  Thanks...

TOPICS
Code , Error , Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabeth!

Unfortunately it's hard to full diagnose what the problem is without you providing a link to (or at least of screenshot) of the error in action or the steps to get to there. However, I can start by saying this is a PHP error that occurs when a website can't successfully connect to a database it needs to finish displaying it's content. If you're not sure what's causing the issue, you may need to contact your website host's technical support to identify the issue; it could be a corrupt or old WordPress installation or other one-click install application.

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The database information is displayed correctly, so I don't think the host's tech support can help me.  I'm using Dreamweaver & SQL/PDO.  Thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you previously have a stored session? 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a session.  I'm trying to set up a paged display of records.  I'm reading all on the first time through.  What I'd LIKE to do is then update the $firstrec value to show the next group.,, But this message appears the first time the page is called!!!  Not at the top but at the bottom after the page is displayed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When page opens, I'm reading data & saving variables I'll need for subsequent calls in session variables.  If NEXT is chosen, I'm calling $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] (I got this from David Powers' PHP Solutions).  But I don't even get there before getting this fatal error.  But the page displays ok!!!!!   Most confusing.  Makes no sense to me, but I'm new to this process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a stored session and how does it differ from any session begun with session_start(); ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this:

https://www.w3schools.com/php/php_sessions.asp

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  What I'm finding is that the session variables are great for regular variables, BUT - the database values I''ve saved in session variables disappear.  I want to retain my position in a table I'm iterating - is there any way to do this?  Actually, I'd also like to store the entire contents of a table in a session variable.  This is not a table with thousands of entries.  Around 70.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting there!  I placed the database records in a 2 dimensional array and that's working.  I still have some kinks to work out, but I'm no longer inside the paper bag.  This forum is S-O-O-O helpful!  Sometimes explaining the problem helps clarify the problem.  Many thanks to all of you who respond to people like me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The weird message disappeared when I used the data array.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines