• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export help

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an html file. I cant seem to be able to figure out how to export it. When I go to export the tab for "template data as xml" is locked. I am very beginner at Dreamweaver maybe it is something simple I am doing wrong. 

Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.html files are just text files (code) read by a browser and rendered into a web page, there's nothing to export. They are simply rendered by a viewer's browser when they request the file from your website.

What are you trying to do exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Export to XML for what purpose?

XML = is nothing more than data.  It contains no formattting, no styles, no interactive elements.   It's just plain text on a page.

image.png

HTML = Hypertext Markup Language.  It's the language of the web and undrstood by web browsers.  HTML contains content including data, images, styles, and interactive elements.

Web page example:

image.png

Think of it this way.  HTML is the entire box of candies.  XML is the list inside the box that describes what each candy is.

Hope that helps.

Trick or Treat!

(\___/)   
  /0\ /0\    
 \__V__/  
  /|:. .:|\ 
 \\:::::// 
--`"" ""`--

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines