• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export/Import a Site.

Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I tried following the instructions on https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/import-export-dreamweaver-site-settings.html

However, it gives me only the option to export as ".STE". I don't see the windows shown on the attached PIC 1 below. Also when "imported" to a nother computer, I see that the file name is ".STE" already in the interface as shown on PIC 2. So, should I decompress that or something? What Am I doing wrong? This happens on DW 2020. Thanlks a lot.export-import.jpg

TOPICS
Import and export , Interface , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

The .ste file contains only your DW settings. Just those options you filled in when you created a Site Definition originally.

It doesn't bring the actual local server or any actual site file with it, but will contian the paths to those items if they were set in your Site Definition from the version that you are exporting from.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, you shouldn't put the .ste into your actual site folder. 

Export from one machine
Copy the .ste to the next machine
Open DW and go to Site > Manage Sites
Click the Import Site button on the bottom of the dialogue
Browse to the .ste and click Open

DW will import all the site settings. All you do from there is make sure it's linked to the right folder for the local root.

Once you've verified it's going to the correct folder, you need to Get your actual site files from the internet (they are NOT part of the .ste)...

From DW's Files window (the one you show the .ste file in) click Get
If it asks "Get Entire Site?" click Yes
That will download the entire site from the internet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .STE file was first synced with the Creative Cloud and then downloaded to my "second" machine to "Documents" (just a local folder). From there was imported into DW. It looks that for DW 2020 (or maybe since previous versions) DW doesn't give you anymore the options to customize the export settings, now it just exports to STE and that's it. Right?

So, I didn't copy the STE file into teh root folder on a copy and paste basis. I imported throught the Sites Managing panel. Then, I noticed that I have to MANUALLY set up the root folder (same name prefered) and set up also the server manually, either remote or local, right? So, if a local server (working with PHP) is not created in the second machine, I have to do it, right? Or even the local server has to have same name because the STE will look for that? Or I can reassign a new local server in the second machine? I will test all this options. Unfortunately, I didn't find enough or complete tutorials about this. Thanks A Lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The .ste file contains only your DW settings. Just those options you filled in when you created a Site Definition originally.

It doesn't bring the actual local server or any actual site file with it, but will contian the paths to those items if they were set in your Site Definition from the version that you are exporting from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines