Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract window disappears with dual display

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a question about extract function in Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2019.

After I open an extract window in Dreamweaver, it disappears when I click another display. (I am using a dual display)

I would like to use the extract window as a reference in one display while I need to scroll webpage on another display.

I am wondering if I can keep the extract window on the top while clicking other displays.

Mac OS
Mojave

10.14.2 (18C54)

Dreamweaver 19.1

Best,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you open PSD comps in Photoshop and refer to them there.

Work with Extract panel in DW to grab relevant CSS, fonts, etc...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screen capture of your Dreamweaver application?

I'm guessing you have the Application Frame turned off and the Extract Window is floating. Turning on your Application Frame under Preferences and locking the Extract Window to it, by dragging the named tab of the window to one of the edges of the Application Frame and releasing when a highlight appears, might keep it from disappearing when DW loses focus.

That's what I would try anyway.

Sorry, I'm not on Mac anymore, but I remember oddities happening when the Application Frame was turned off (we don't get that option under Windows). It may be worth a try anyhow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jon for suggesting this. As this seems to be an expected behavior of mac. I would suggest trying on different applications to check if it's happening on all applications as well?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines